Director, Human Resources
San Francisco Health Plan
As the Director, Human Resources, you serve as the right-hand person and second in command to the Chief People Officer (CPO). You guide and manage the strategic initiatives and overall day-to-day tactical operations of the organization’s Human Resources services, activities, policies, and programs, develop plans, drive success utilizing measurement metrics and ensure compliance with employment laws and regulations. You will have direct oversight for Benefits, Compensation, Performance Management, Employee Relations, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development and Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI).
The development goal for the role is to potentially become the successor to the Chief People Officer.
Salary range - $199,000 - $220,000 per year
Please note that while SFHP supports a hybrid work environment, this role will be required to be onsite and in-office a minimum of 4 days per month.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Establish and maintain Human Resources as a trustworthy, neutral, professional, service-oriented business partner ensuring that HR remains readily available to SFHP leadership and staff.
- Lead, develop and partner with HR team members and subject matter experts to deliver innovative, effective HR programs.
- Work closely with SFHP executive and management team members to identify, communicate and train staff to improve work related efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Partner effectively and proactively with leadership to build, implement, monitor, manage and sustain high performance teams throughout the organization, leveraging effective collaboration and consensus building abilities.
- Cross-functionally collaborate to ensure that performance-based competencies and metrics are appropriately established, defined, communicated and understood.
- Recommend, develop, implement, and ensure the integration of the SFHP benefits compensation and incentives, performance management, and other employee-centered programs and messaging.
- Ensure all HR programs and messaging align with and support the SFHP performance-based competencies and metrics, the SFHP fiscal resources and budget, and the SFHP culture.
- Prepare and manage the SFHP Human Resources budget ensuring alignment with the CPO and the Chief Financial and Strategy Officer (“CFSO”).
- Leads HR based change initiatives and ensures that all such initiatives align with SFHP organizational goals and support the performance-based competencies and metrics, and the organization’s business objectives.
- As back up to HRBP, may support high-level confidential investigations of employee issues, complaints and/or allegations of harassment, discrimination, etc., utilizing outside counsel as appropriate.
- Anticipate and act proactively on employee related matters. Serve as an effective advisor and/or coach for management. Act as neutral finder of fact and facilitate discussions to find common ground and resolve problems and conflicts in a timely and effective manner.
- Demonstrate diverse thought and partnership and champion, vocally support, endorse, and drive DEI efforts throughout the organization.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year accredited university or college in Human Resources or Business Administration. Human Resources certification (PHR, SHRM-CP) or similar certification preferred.
- Ten plus years of human resources generalist experience with five or more years leading and managing human resources teams in an organization of 400+ employees.
- Demonstrated depth of knowledge, understanding and application of local, state, and federal laws and regulations governing employment, wage and hour, leaves of absence, benefits, and retirement. Experience in CalPERS pension and payroll administration is a plus.
- Demonstrated mastery and effectiveness in verbal and written communications, including general business and human resources correspondence, e-mail and interactive messaging. Strong presentation skills both in person and via tele and videoconferencing for small to large group audiences.
- Proven success in managing the full spectrum of HR programs policies and processes in a fast-paced environment, including but not limited to: developing and managing performance management and incentive programs; developing and managing compensation, benefits, and designing and implementing effective talent acquisition and retention programs; and building productive, high performance teams.
- Strong project management experience with demonstrated ability managing basic to complex projects from conception to conclusion, including resource allocation, project budgets, and priority changes.
WHAT WE OFFER
A competitive and robust compensation package, including:
- Health benefits
- Medical: You’ll have a choice of medical plans, including options from Kaiser and Blue Shield of California. Employee-only coverage in the HMO plans is currently available at no cost and dependent coverage is heavily subsidized by SFHP.
- Dental: You’ll have a choice of a basic dental plan or an enhanced dental plan which includes orthodontic coverage.
- Vision: Employee vision care coverage is available through Vision Service Plan (VSP).
- Retirement – Employer-matched CalPERS Pension and 401(a) plans, 457 Plan
- Time off – 23 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) and 13 paid holidays
- Professional development: Opportunities for tuition reimbursement, professional license/membership.
- An opportunity to work in a vibrant atmosphere with the most amazingly talented people who are shaping the future of healthcare!
- The chance to make a difference in the lives of many San Francisco residents!
San Francisco Health Plan is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports and respects all individuals and in which our processes are applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
San Francisco Health Plan is an E-Verify participating employer.