San Francisco Health Plan
Reporting to the Director of Business Solutions, the Manager, Configuration is accountable for managing a team that is responsible for planning, design, testing and implementation of all configuration changes to our core business applications. You are responsible for ensuring accurate, timely, and efficient change, configuration, and release management. You will possess expertise to analyze application configuration to ensure it is efficient in setup and aligns with best practices. In addition, the Manager, Configuration serves as an expert in key processes to ensure integration and collaboration with other SFHP departments. This position will demonstrate working knowledge of managed care business process operations and systems.
This is a hybrid position based in our San Francisco office.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Configuration & Change Management
- Monitor and be accountable for changes to QNXT and Claims Editing Software (CES) application configuration.
- Manage Change and Release Management Policy and Framework for QNXT and CES while coordinating with other stakeholders to arrive at a best practice approach.
- Work closely with key stakeholders and requesters to ensure all releases adhere to the Change and Release Management Policy and Framework.
- Facilitate discussions on disputed change requests where stakeholders do not agree on priority, criticality, content, or timelines for changes, and escalates when appropriate.
- Train individuals/teams on the change management policy/process.
- Develop, track and report on Change Management Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) regularly to Operations Leadership team.
- Ensure all changes are implemented in a planned and authorized manner.
- Ensure there is a justifiable business reason behind requested changes. Coordinate an impact analysis to evaluate the urgency, priority level and scope of the change, identifying the specific configuration items, systems and applications affected by the change.
- Ensure priorities and timelines are clearly communicated to all stakeholders.
- Monitor, manage, and communicate change freezes.
- Identify, report, and resolve change scheduling conflicts.
- Manage resource capacity and team allocation to service requests, projects, organizational workgroups and ad hoc assignments.
- Promotes constructive environment to accomplish work and meet customer demands.
- Establish and is accountable for team goals and objectives that support SFHP’s mission and goals.
- Ensure that team’s individual performance goals support departmental goals. Lead team towards goal achievement; measure, monitor, and report the status of goal achievement.
- Participate actively with the Operations Leadership team to improve cross-functional collaboration and to drive positive culture shifts.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, computer science, or other related fields or equivalent work experience; MHA/MPH/MPA/MBA degree preferred
- 5 years’ experience in application change and configuration management or other relevant experience.
- 3 years of management experience. Prior experience at a healthcare organization, particularly at a managed care organization highly preferred.
- Experience with healthcare core administrative systems configuration.
- Experience in claims or equivalent healthcare application configuration.
- Familiarity with QNXT configuration and testing experience preferred
- Functional understanding of health care claims processing and data sets such as ICD-9/10 and CPT/HCPCs, provider contracts and benefits.
- Medical Plans: You’ll have a choice of medical plans, including options from Kaiser and Blue Shield of California. Employee-only coverage in the HMO plans is currently available at no cost and dependent coverage is heavily subsidized by SFHP.
- Dental: You’ll have a choice of a basic dental plan or an enhanced dental plan which includes orthodontic coverage.
- Vision: Employee vision care coverage is available at no cost.
- Time Off: 23 days of Paid Time Off and 12 observed company holidays.
- Professional development: Opportunities for tuition reimbursement, professional license/membership.
Established in 1994, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is an award winning, managed care health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the underserved low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco County. SFHP is chosen by eight out of every ten San Francisco Medi-Cal managed care enrollees and its 170,000+ members have access to a full spectrum of medical services including preventive care, specialty care, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and family planning services. SFHP was designed by and for the residents it serves and takes great pride in its ability to accommodate a diverse population that includes young adults, seniors, and people with disabilities.
San Francisco Health Plan is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which our people processes are applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
San Francisco Health Plan is an E-Verify participating employer.
Hiring priority will be given to candidates residing in the San Francisco Bay Area and California.