Behavioral Health Specialist
San Francisco Health Plan
Make an impact with the underserved communities of San Francisco. At San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP), we take tremendous pride in improving the health outcome of our diverse San Francisco communities.
We have a full-time opening for a Behavioral Health Specialist. Reporting to the Manager, Behavioral Health, this position is responsible for providing critical administrative support to the management and oversight of behavioral health benefits San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) members. You will collaborate with Health Services Programs staff, SFHP delegates, and care providers in our award-winning provider network. Key partners for this position are SFHP colleagues throughout the organization, our delegated managed behavioral health organization, and the Behavioral Health Services program of San Francisco’s Department of Public Health. You will be responsible for key initiatives meant to ensure SFHP members get prompt access to quality behavioral health care services.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Draft materials necessary for executing projects such as project plans, charters and meeting materials. Draft presentations and facilitate meetings with program managers and individual contributors.
- Support day-to-day implementation of small to medium scale or short –term projects such as research, communications, database management, meeting coordination, and event logistics.
- Coordinate materials, record agreements and actions for SFHP committees and meetings.
- Conduct basic compilation, organization and analysis of data in order to evaluate current program and inform the development of new programs (data tables, run charts, bar charts and pivot tables).
- Schedule and organize meetings (prepare agenda, organize documents on SharePoint, document agreements and actions, track completion of actions).
- Manage relationships with relevant stakeholders as needed to ensure successful outcomes.
- Support the Behavioral Health Manager and the Director, Behavioral Health and Housing Supports, with implementation and enhancement projects. Perform other administrative related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Provide oversight, data entry support and monitoring of SFHP’s delegated managed behavioral health organization.
- Support in the areas of housing supports when necessary.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, health care administration, or similar area of studies or equivalent work experience.
- At least one year of experience in health plan operations, health care clinical quality improvement, direct patient care, or other experience directly related to position duties and knowledge.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills preferred in order to communicate recommendations for improvement both within SFHP and in our provider network.
- Customer service and solutions-oriented approach.
- Strong time management, task management, and organization skills across multiple simultaneous projects.
- Medical Plans: You’ll have a choice of medical plans, including options from Kaiser and Blue Shield of California. Employee-only coverage in the HMO plans is currently available at no cost and dependent coverage is heavily subsidized by SFHP.
- Dental: You’ll have a choice of a basic dental plan or an enhanced dental plan which includes orthodontic coverage.
- Vision: Employee vision care coverage is available at no cost.
- Time Off: 23 days of Paid Time Off and 12 observed company holidays.
- Professional development: Opportunities for tuition reimbursement, professional license/membership.
Established in 1994, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is an award winning, managed care health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the underserved low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco county. SFHP is chosen by eight out of every ten San Francisco Medi-Cal managed care enrollees and its 170,000+ members have access to a full spectrum of medical services including preventive care, specialty care, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and family planning services. SFHP was designed by and for the residents it serves, and takes great pride in its ability to accommodate a diverse population that includes young adults, seniors, and people with disabilities.
San Francisco Health Plan is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which our people processes are applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
San Francisco Health Plan is an E-Verify participating employer.