Clinical Supervisor, Care Management
San Francisco Health Plan
Make an impact with the underserved communities of San Francisco. At San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP), we take tremendous pride in improving the health outcome of our diverse San Francisco communities.
We have a full-time opening for a Care Management Supervisor. As a Care Management Supervisor, you oversee the clinical and administrative oversight of a Care Management team, consisting of Community Coordinators and a Care Management Nurse. Also, the Care Management Supervisor, with input from physicians, acts as a clinical lead for subpopulations served by the plan and is a member of both SFHP and Health Services Management Teams where they are expected to represent the needs of their staff and the members served. You will report to the Senior Manager of Care Management.
The SFHP Care Management department runs several programs to meet the needs of SFHP members. The programs include NCQA complex medical case management and Enhanced Care Management, a community-based program for a small subset of Medi-Cal members with complex psychosocial needs and high use of acute health services who require coordination at the highest levels.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Provide guidance to a Care Management team composed of licensed and non-licensed care management staff.
- Assist Senior Manager in unified vision to all Care Management staff.
- Support in program strategic development; including creation of policies, procedures and hiring plans.
- Provide guidance on specific job responsibilities and programmatic initiatives both onsite and in the field.
- Provide guidance and clinical input and oversight to care management staff that reports to them.
- Oversee the development of diverse care plans
- Audit cases to ensure staff understanding and implementation of program priorities and principles.
- Identify areas for program improvement and make recommendations to unit management.
- Work in cohesion with the other supervisors; provide unified direction and oversight to all team members.
- Help develop program training curriculum and competencies for program staff.
- Work as part of an inter-disciplinary team, adding clinical social work/behavioral health perspective to management of patients with complex needs.
- Provide support to staff to help them achieve and sustain expected productivity indicators.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Masters' degree in Social Worker or Psychology with 2 years minimum clinical experience
- Unrestricted clinical LCSW or MFT license
- 2+ years of case management experience
- Experience with complex populations required (homelessness, mental illness, substance use)
- Bilingual in Spanish or Cantonese desired
- Because we may ask you to conduct member home visits, you must successfully complete a sex offender registry screen
- Knowledge of community social service agencies
- Working knowledge and use of Trauma Informed language and population management principles desired
- Motivational skills to inspire and facilitate staff engagement and learning
- Experience in behavior change coaching
- Experience in mentor individual and team growth
- Medical Plans: You’ll have a choice of medical plans, including options from Kaiser and Blue Shield of California. Employee-only coverage in the HMO plans is currently available at no cost and dependent coverage is heavily subsidized by SFHP.
- Dental: You’ll have a choice of a basic dental plan or an enhanced dental plan which includes orthodontic coverage.
- Vision: Employee vision care coverage is available at no cost.
- Time Off: 23 days of Paid Time Off and 12 observed company holidays.
- Professional development: Opportunities for tuition reimbursement, professional license/membership.
Candidates will be required to show proof of up-to-date vaccination against COVID-19 as defined by the San Francisco Department of Public Health upon beginning employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement subject to the applicable law[s].
Established in 1994, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is an award winning, managed care health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the underserved low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco county. SFHP is chosen by eight out of every ten San Francisco Medi-Cal managed care enrollees and its 170,000+ members have access to a full spectrum of medical services including preventive care, specialty care, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and family planning services. SFHP was designed by and for the residents it serves, and takes great pride in its ability to accommodate a diverse population that includes young adults, seniors, and people with disabilities.
San Francisco Health Plan is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which our people processes are applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
San Francisco Health Plan is an E-Verify participating employer.