San Francisco Health Plan
San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is a public, not for profit, mission-driven organization working towards universal health coverage. Our Enrollment Services team helps thousands of clients navigate complex health insurance rules, processes, and programs so they can enroll into Medi-Cal, Covered California, Healthy San Francisco, Cal Fresh and SF City Option.
As an Enrollment Coordinator, you will gain front-line experience helping members of the San Francisco community apply and enroll in health coverage. You will work closely with our clients on a one-on-one basis to provide accurate and customized information, so they are empowered to make the best decisions for themselves and their families.
The SFHP Service Center is located at 7 Spring Street in San Francisco.
Work schedule: Monday to Friday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Application support and enrollment: assist members of the public with eligibility and enrollment into health coverage.
- Program knowledge: maintain program expertise, training requirements, and certifications for all application assistance services offered by the SFHP Service Center, including Medi-Cal, Covered CA, and Healthy San Francisco.
- Counseling and education: inform and educate about health insurance and health coverage options for clients and their families in a fair, accurate, impartial, and culturally sensitive manner.
- Outreach and follow up: conduct outreach calls and schedule appointments with potential applicants, existing SFHP members, and participants renewing coverage.
- Community Engagement: participate in community events where we bring information about our coverage programs to the public working towards universal coverage in San Francisco.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Bachelor's degree in a related area or equivalent work experience
- Bilingual ability in Spanish preferred; other languages such as Cantonese, Mandarin, or Vietnamese also desired
- One year experience in a customer service setting such as health care, eligibility, and enrollment
- Experience working with people of a diverse set of backgrounds Must be able to work at the SFHP Service Center at 7 Spring Street in San Francisco Tuesday - Thursday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite
- Retirement: CalPERS Pension Plan, CalPERS 457 Supplemental Income Plan and a 401(a) defined benefit plan.
- Medical Plans: You’ll have a choice of medical plans, including options from Kaiser and Blue Shield of California. Employee-only coverage in the HMO plans are currently available at no cost and dependent coverage is heavily subsidized by SFHP.
- Dental Plan: The Principal EPO dental coverage with option to cover orthodontia.
- Time Off: 23 days of Paid Time Off and 12 observed company holidays.
- Professional development: Opportunities for tuition reimbursement, professional license/membership
Established in 1994, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is an award winning, managed care health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the underserved low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco county. SFHP is chosen by eight out of every ten San Francisco Medi-Cal managed care enrollees and its 170,000+ members have access to a full spectrum of medical services including preventive care, specialty care, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and family planning services. SFHP was designed by and for the residents it serves, and takes great pride in its ability to accommodate a diverse population that includes young adults, seniors, and people with disabilities.
San Francisco Health Plan is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which our people processes are applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
San Francisco Health Plan is an E-Verify participating employer.