Provider Relations Specialist
San Francisco Health Plan
The Provider Relations Specialist will serve as a liaison to San Francisco Health Plan’s (SFHP) network of providers, hospitals, and health systems, including medical groups, independent clinics, mental health professionals, and ancillary providers. You will be an integral part of the Provider Relations team and provide hands-on, high level, exemplary customer service to all providers. You will work in a fast-paced, team driven, metric and deliverable focused environment and will be responsive to the fluctuating needs of the organization, the providers, and the regulatory bodies which govern its work.
The Specialist will represent SFHP in the provider community, which will include handling provider complaints, questions and issues, as well as representing the department and the Plan at meetings. The Specialist assists providers with logistics and set up of trainings on the rights, resources and responsibilities of a provider in Medi-Cal managed care.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Serve as first line primary contact to provider network.
- Via phone and in person, act in the capacity of primary provider liaison and SFHP subject matter expert by answering and solving a broad range of questions and problems in an efficient and timely manner with an emphasis on long-term relations, customer service and professionalism.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with provider leadership, individual providers, and their support staff.
- Represent Provider Relations department at internal cross-functional meetings.
- Participate in, and occasionally lead, departmental and organizational projects.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- BA/BS in Social Sciences, Business or related field; or equivalent work experience in a health care environment
- Prior experience in a managed care setting, provider organization or with health policy is required
- Knowledge of managed care and Medi-Cal and other state-sponsored health programs strongly preferred
- Experience with presentations and leading diverse groups
- Ability to work with multiple departments within the organization and external clients
- Medical Plans: You’ll have a choice of medical plans, including options from Kaiser and Blue Shield of California. Employee-only coverage in the HMO plans are currently available at no cost and dependent coverage is heavily subsidized by SFHP.
- Dental: You’ll have a choice of a basic dental plan or an enhanced dental plan which includes orthodontic coverage.
- Vision: Employee vision care coverage is available at no cost.
- Time Off: 23 days of Paid Time Off and 12 observed company holidays.
- Professional development: Opportunities for tuition reimbursement, professional license/membership.
Established in 1997, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is an award winning, managed care health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the underserved low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco county. SFHP is chosen by eight out of every ten San Francisco Medi-Cal managed care enrollees and its 170,000+ members have access to a full spectrum of medical services including preventive care, specialty care, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and family planning services. SFHP was designed by and for the residents it serves and takes great pride in its ability to accommodate a diverse population that includes young adults, seniors, and people with disabilities.
San Francisco Health Plan is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports and respects all individuals and in which our processes are applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
San Francisco Health Plan is an E-Verify participating employer.
Hiring priority will be given to candidates residing in the San Francisco Bay Area and California.