Director, Service Delivery
Reporting to the Senior Director, Service Delivery Excellence, the Director, Service Delivery will play a key role in streamlining processes and procedures to ensure each customer has a great experience at all stages of the relationship. Liaising with account owners as primary stakeholders and assigned to specific accounts, they will build partnerships balancing best practice standards and client preferences. The ideal candidate will leverage their demonstrated experience in service level management, sales support, service delivery or operations within our mission-driven social enterprise. They will bring demonstrated project management, negotiation, and problem-solving experience, exhibiting flexibility and the ability to interact fluidly with a variety of audiences.
The Director, Service Delivery will proactively manage a client’s experience against a set of customer satisfaction goals, metrics, and criteria. With a focus on delivering continuous improvement and efficiency, they will work cross-functionally to proactively course-correct root cause issues when scores or indicators fall below acceptable thresholds. This is a hands-on execution role, one that balances strategy with actionable tactics and accountability to drive service excellence. Indicators of success in the role will include high customer satisfaction and renewal ratings, and freeing account owners for maximized sales results and relationship development.
The Director, Service Delivery will also at times interact with students as a mentor, group facilitator, and advocate, participating in building a positive educational environment.
Establish a Customer Excellence Mindset
- Set the organizational bar for a customer advocate mindset; establishing the YU standard for driving positive client experience and customer satisfaction for our largest clients
- Focus on the metric achievement, satisfaction, and demand trends of the full account portfolio; helping develop efficient, leveraged processes and continuous improvement
- Ensure a culture of excellence through the strategic use of SLO/SLA measurement; creating and maintaining operational practices that empower staff and enable speed and flexibility
- Working with multiple teams, manage triage and implement change management to ensure project goals for the engagement are achieved, strategic priorities are aligned with budget priorities and translated into executable plans
The Role in Action
- Professionalize Partnership Structure: Develop and manage against an engagement scope of work, gathering client requirements and communicating them to appropriate cross-functional teams. Identify, scope, and prioritize key projects.
- Foster “easy-to-do-business-with” mindset: Act as a Partner to account lead, run field interference with site-based stakeholders, and add value so Enterprise Account Manager and Partner Relations Manager can focus on relationship development and engagement expansion; insulate the client or client program manager from the details and alleviate surprises.
- Lead the development, standardization, and implementation of workflow and processes creating an account playbook as well as a blueprint for future Service Delivery expansion: may include collecting and communicating skill expectations, headcount volume/timing, onboarding process, billing process, payment terms, reporting requirements and expected metric outcomes
- Work closely with Enterprise Internship Managers to bring efficiency and standardization to key back office and intern facing processes such as matching and intern performance oversight, intern onboarding management and partner “programming”
- Foster transformation of reactive engagements to proactive engagement solutions through survey trend analysis, issue resolution, and subject matter expertise that drive value - add and foster deep partner loyalty
Year Up Cross-Functional Activity
- Build collaborative relationships with cross-functional leadership, maintaining accountability for those with governance oversight as each team plays a mutual role in working towards agreed-upon goals
- Leverage and partner with the Program and Quality & Delivery teams and Regional Director structure to ensure program is delivered as designed and communicated to client
- Maintain an aggregate view of accounts: quickly spot non-standard activity, risk to client experience, and position for triage to solve
- Partner with Solutions to proactively understand economic indicators that impact the account and optimize our ability to align offerings with delivery of service and market demand
- Align with New Ventures as a thought partner in SLO/SLA development, staying informed of all pilots and engagement expansion
- Partner with Sales Support and Field Enablement teams to enhance client playbooks and establish best practices within an account with an eye on standardization, replication, and scale
- Invest in the training, development, and best practice sharing of Year Up’s sales staff by flagging training opportunities and surfacing for the Learning Team to fine-tune skill adoption of client-facing teams
- Serve as an escalation point for Partner Relationship Managers assigned to accounts
National Team Member
- Serve as a mentor to a current student
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings
- 7+ years of experience in service delivery, service-level management, professional services, sales support, operations, or sales management
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships, execute against plan, drive consensus, manage complex processes, strong sense of urgency
- Ability to serve as an escalation point for both customer and field staff
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders
- Ability to produce quality results in an evolving, fast-paced environment
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to derive actionable insights from data
- Commitment to professional development staying abreast of industry trends and business solutions
- Desire to work in a fluid dynamic organization
- Ability to lead, willingness to be led, comfort with situational leadership and leading through influence
- May include direct client-facing activity, ability to travel 15%, can include overnight stays
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office required, familiarity with Salesforce.com preferred
- A passion for working with young adults, an unshakable belief in their potential, and a strong commitment to the mission of Year Up
- Understanding of the Opportunity Divide and its drivers
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
Salary Range - $100,000 - $120,000
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Year Up has established salary ranges for each of our sites, which allows us to pay employees competitively, equitably and consistently in different geographic markets. For roles in which the location is listed as flexible, the range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Salary offers take into account a candidate’s skills, experience, and location. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process.
Benefits: Comprehensive healthcare options and dental coverage; 401(k) match for eligible participants.
Vacation: Earn three weeks paid vacation in first year of employment; four weeks after initial year.
Professional Development: Funds available to support staff in achieving career objectives ($2,500 per year)
Year Up is a national 501(c)3 workforce development organization committed to ensuring equitable access to economic opportunity, education, and justice for all young adults—no matter their background, income, or zip code. Employers face a growing need for talent while millions of talented young adults lack access to meaningful careers. These inequities only further perpetuate the opportunity gap that exists in our country—a gap that Year Up is determined and positioned to close through three interconnected strategies: providing targeted skills training and connections to livable-wage employment for students and alumni; empowering others to serve and support young adults, and changing systems that perpetuate the opportunity gap. Year Up’s intensive training program utilizes a high expectations, high support model where students learn in-demand technical and professional skills and apply them during a corporate internship. Year Up has directly served more than 40,000 young adults since its founding in 2000. Year Up's nationwide presence includes Arizona, Austin, Bay Area, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Greater Atlanta, Greater Boston, Greater Philadelphia, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, the National Capital Region, New York City/Jersey City, Pittsburgh, Puget Sound, Rhode Island, South Florida, Tampa Bay, and Wilmington.
Voted one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For in the country by The NonProfit Times, Year Up is a rewarding and impactful place to work. Our staff is passionate, supportive, mission-driven, and committed to positive change and continuous learning. We set high standards for both ourselves and our students and live by a set of core values that reflect an unshakable belief in the talent and potential of our young people. The work we do is life-changing, and we know that our team is the greatest asset in achieving our mission.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Year Up embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. All aspects of employment, including the decision to hire, promote, discharge, or discipline, are based on meritocracy. We do not permit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws. Learn more about our commitment to diversity: http://www.yearup.org/about-us/careers/commitment-to-diversity/
Year Up is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Your recruiter can provide details regarding the expected work environment and any physical requirements. Please let our hiring team know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume through our website.
Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. We respectfully request no phone calls.