Marketing Specialist, Enrollment
Year Up is seeking a Marketing Specialist to join the National Marketing team to assist in managing the day-to-day marketing activities for the enrollment function—engaging prospective, current, and past program participants. The Marketing Specialist will report to the Associate Director of Marketing and will primarily help build and execute social media strategies, create, develop and maintain creative assets, deploy assets across appropriate marketing channels and tactics, and monitor ongoing performance.
To be successful in this role, you will characterize yourself as a self-starter with strong relationship building skills and an essential enthusiasm for delivering high-impact solutions. You have a demonstrable passion for social media, and love for spotting new or viral trends across platforms. You pride yourself on having a can-do attitude; you roll up your sleeves and get it done. Strong candidates will also bring a passion for meaningful work and social justice, and will be excited and prepared to engage with Year Up’s mission and constituents.
The Marketing Specialist will also have the opportunity to interact with students as a mentor, group facilitator, and advocate, participating in building a positive educational environment.
- Understand the Enrollment stakeholder audience, and assist with developing social media marketing strategies keyed into that audience
- Help develop, create, and film social content that drives toward Enrollment function business goals across various marketing channels and mediums
- Monitor and engage with audience throughout various social media platforms to maintain engagement with Enrollment audience and encourage interaction
- Assist in managing workflows with external agencies and creative freelancers; set expectations, provide access to assets, resources, and training as needed, and deliver clear, actionable feedback
- Assist with production of high-quality, audience-focused content across different marketing channels, and partner with external agencies and freelancers as needed
- Support creation of monthly social reporting, including analyzing metrics, identifying trends, and generating insights and optimizations
- While social is the primary channel the Marketing Specialist will support, additional channels touched include, but are not limited to email, web, print, video
- Other duties as assigned
National Team/Learning Community Member
- Serve as a coach/mentor for a small number of current students
- Join and sometimes facilitate weekly group sessions with students
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings
- 2-3+ years marketing/communications experience, preferably with a focus on social content creation and measurement
- Experience with monitoring social media channels (preferably Instagram and/or TikTok) for an organization/brand/company
- Comfortable in front of the camera- we are looking for someone who will be one of the faces of our social channels
- Proficiency with social media tools (Sprout Social, Hootsuite) and content creation tools (Canva, Adobe Creative Suite). Graphic design experience required
- Experience analyzing front and back-end social media metrics and storytelling with data. Proficiency in Excel is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; copywriting and copyediting experience a plus
- Astute attention to detail and understanding of tailoring creative and content to an audience. Good eye for design and strong understanding of brand consistency and its importance
- Ability to seek out and absorb lots of information
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to manage projects involving multiple stakeholders and facilitate the communications necessary to support them
- Ability to manage competing priorities and communicate effectively when priorities shift
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- A passion for working with young adults, an unshakable belief in their potential, and a strong commitment to Year Up’s mission
- An understanding of the Opportunity Divide and its drivers
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
This role is paid hourly. The range is $21 - $23.50/hr.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Year Up has established salary ranges for each of our sites, which allows us to pay employees competitively, equitably and consistently in different geographic markets. For roles in which the location is listed as flexible, the range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Salary offers take into account a candidate’s skills, experience, and location. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process.
Benefits: Comprehensive healthcare options and dental coverage; 401(k) match for eligible participants.
Vacation: Earn three weeks paid vacation in first year of employment; four weeks after initial year.
Professional Development: Funds available to support staff in achieving career objectives ($2,500 per year)
Year Up is a national 501(c)3 workforce development organization committed to ensuring equitable access to economic opportunity, education, and justice for all young adults—no matter their background, income, or zip code. Employers face a growing need for talent while millions of talented young adults lack access to meaningful careers. These inequities only further perpetuate the opportunity gap that exists in our country—a gap that Year Up is determined and positioned to close through three interconnected strategies: providing targeted skills training and connections to livable-wage employment for students and alumni; empowering others to serve and support young adults, and changing systems that perpetuate the opportunity gap. Year Up’s intensive training program utilizes a high expectations, high support model where students learn in-demand technical and professional skills and apply them during a corporate internship. Year Up has directly served more than 40,000 young adults since its founding in 2000. Year Up's nationwide presence includes Arizona, Austin, Bay Area, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Greater Atlanta, Greater Boston, Greater Philadelphia, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, the National Capital Region, New York City/Jersey City, Pittsburgh, Puget Sound, Rhode Island, South Florida, Tampa Bay, and Wilmington.
Voted one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For in the country by The NonProfit Times, Year Up is a rewarding and impactful place to work. Our staff is passionate, supportive, mission-driven, and committed to positive change and continuous learning. We set high standards for both ourselves and our students and live by a set of core values that reflect an unshakable belief in the talent and potential of our young people. The work we do is life-changing, and we know that our team is the greatest asset in achieving our mission.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Year Up embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. All aspects of employment, including the decision to hire, promote, discharge, or discipline, are based on meritocracy. We do not permit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws. Learn more about our commitment to diversity: http://www.yearup.org/about-us/careers/commitment-to-diversity/
Year Up is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Your recruiter can provide details regarding the expected work environment and any physical requirements. Please let our hiring team know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume through our website.
Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. We respectfully request no phone calls.