Associate Director, Corporate Engagement, Emerging Accounts
Do you have a proven ability to help customers solve their business challenges in the area of workforce management, human capital, and/or talent acquisition? Do you have a passion for creating opportunities for young adults?
Year Up is seeking an Associate Director, Corporate Engagement to connect with top corporations in need of entry-level talent managing an existing portfolio of partner relationships as well as building a book of business from target accounts. Reporting to the Regional Director, Corporate Engagement, the Associate Director will facilitate day-to-day interactions between Year Up interns and corporate partners to create mutually beneficial business relationships as well as responsibility for renewals, ongoing partner retention, and satisfaction.
As part of the Corporate Engagement team, you will help to connect top corporations in need of mid- and entry-level talent with high-potential young adults. This position will have tangible targets in achieving new client acquisition, pipeline development, and renewal/expansion/retention goals. This role will also manage partner issues to resolution and ensure high levels of partner satisfaction.
To be successful in this role, you will need to immediately build rapport with prospects and current partners, developing a deep understanding of their business needs. You will bring a high level of confidence working with top-level executives and business unit leadership, demonstrating outstanding professionalism and added value. An ideal candidate will bring demonstrated sales experience in a mission-driven social enterprise, exhibiting flexibility, strong communication skills, and the ability to interact fluidly with a variety of audiences.
The Associate Director, Corporate Engagement will also have the opportunity to interact with students as a mentor, group facilitator, and advocate, participating in building a positive educational environment.
Corporate Sales and Partner Relations
- Manage high volume of activity successfully meeting revenue and internship seat goals and national alumni hiring targets by generating a scalable corporate partner pipeline and developing a sales strategy that will secure internships in volume
- Build a diversified and balanced portfolio that represents a range of vertical targets and seats covering all product tracks offered in that city
- Responsible for 95%+ renewal rate of internship seats and national alumni hiring goals of at least 45% + conversion
- Ensure 100% customer satisfaction with Year Up service based on corporate surveys aiming for a 95% survey response rate
- Manage all aspects of corporate partner communications strategies and provide responsive and high-quality customer service
- Expand multi-year commitments within existing partner base
- Work with program staff and corporate partners to collect requirements and feedback that allow for continuous improvement of our curriculum and business model, ensuring that participants are well-prepared for success in the workplace and in pursuit of higher education goals both as Year Up interns and alumni
- Coordinate with accounts to strategically match students, train managers, conduct site visits and execute corporate partner panels
- In a collaborative environment, provide coaching and support to team members to ensure internship seats and revenue goals are met
- Display a willingness to “get things done” while cultivating and sustaining a trusting and nurturing environment for staff and key stakeholders
- Initiate processes that establish high service operating practices to strengthen the internship program
- Develop methods for expanding manager training and preparation to better support successful internship experiences
- Schedule meetings, and conducting corporate site visits to support interns
- Prepare and deliver effective presentations to connect with and educate potential partners
- Maintain partner and intern data on Salesforce.com ensuring complete and accurate reporting
- Managing performance issues and coordinating communication to managers
- Troubleshoot and escalate issues and opportunities in internship performance as appropriate
- Implement and manage intern support resources by working closely with the Program team
Internship Event Execution
- Identify opportunities for specific engagement activities that meet the goals of the client
- Work as part of a team to coordinate graduation attendance from managers at corporate partners
- Coordinate with accounts to host corporate partner panels
Site Team/Learning Community Member
- Active participant in site related and other national support activities, as required
- 4+ years’ experience in account management in a services-based environment with 2-3 years of experience in consultative solution sales strongly preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience working with C-Suite clients preferred
- Demonstrated ability to generate leads, build and manage partner (sales) pipelines, close business and renew accounts
- Documented strength in meaningful relationship building, management, and growth
- A professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as a team player, take initiative, manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Able to collaborate across teams to support students and resolve issues; high comfort level in having one-on-one coaching conversations with students to provide professional guidance
- Enjoy working in a fluid, dynamic organization with a minimal amount of direction
- Ability to plan, introduce and lead processes that enable high-quality growth
- Strong facilitation skills and ability to deliver impactful presentations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required; Salesforce.com experience preferred
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and participation in various Year Up sponsored sales training courses
- A passion for working with young adults and an unshakable belief in their potential
- A strong commitment to the mission of Year Up
- An understanding of the Opportunity Divide and its drivers
Salary Range: $88,000 - $102,000 (West Coast Preferred)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Year Up has established salary ranges for each of our sites, which allows us to pay employees competitively, equitably and consistently in different geographic markets. For roles in which the location is listed as flexible, the range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Salary offers take into account a candidate’s skills, experience, and location. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process.
Benefits: Comprehensive healthcare options and dental coverage; 401(k) match for eligible participants.
Vacation: Earn three weeks paid vacation in first year of employment; four weeks after initial year.
Professional Development: Funds available to support staff in achieving career objectives ($2,500 per year)
Year Up is a national 501(c)3 workforce development organization committed to ensuring equitable access to economic opportunity, education, and justice for all young adults—no matter their background, income, or zip code. Employers face a growing need for talent while millions of talented young adults lack access to meaningful careers. These inequities only further perpetuate the opportunity gap that exists in our country—a gap that Year Up is determined and positioned to close through three interconnected strategies: providing targeted skills training and connections to livable-wage employment for students and alumni; empowering others to serve and support young adults, and changing systems that perpetuate the opportunity gap. Year Up’s intensive training program utilizes a high expectations, high support model where students learn in-demand technical and professional skills and apply them during a corporate internship. Year Up has directly served more than 40,000 young adults since its founding in 2000. Year Up's nationwide presence includes Arizona, Austin, Bay Area, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Greater Atlanta, Greater Boston, Greater Philadelphia, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, the National Capital Region, New York City/Jersey City, Pittsburgh, Puget Sound, Rhode Island, South Florida, Tampa Bay, and Wilmington.
Voted one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For in the country by The NonProfit Times, Year Up is a rewarding and impactful place to work. Our staff is passionate, supportive, mission-driven, and committed to positive change and continuous learning. We set high standards for both ourselves and our students and live by a set of core values that reflect an unshakable belief in the talent and potential of our young people. The work we do is life-changing, and we know that our team is the greatest asset in achieving our mission.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Year Up embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. All aspects of employment, including the decision to hire, promote, discharge, or discipline, are based on meritocracy. We do not permit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws. Learn more about our commitment to diversity: http://www.yearup.org/about-us/careers/commitment-to-diversity/
Year Up is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Your recruiter can provide details regarding the expected work environment and any physical requirements. Please let our hiring team know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume through our website.
Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. We respectfully request no phone calls.