Skoll World Forum
Hello from Friends-International
We’re looking for a
Are you experienced in fundraising and building relationships with donors? Would you enjoy being in a role that is close to the field-based teams here in Southeast Asia?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the above, then you may just be the person we need.
Friends-International (FI), an award-winning NGO founded in Phnom Penh in 1994. Our vision is a world where every child, young person, and their caregivers are safe from harm and can access education, training and job opportunities to fulfil their potential as productive, functional citizens of their countries. Our multiple dynamic teams in Cambodia, Thailand, Laos, Indonesia, Myanmar and Europe, together with our partners, deliver innovative services for children, youth, their families and their communities. This is done through our Saving Lives, Building Futures and ChildSafe programs which cover a great variety of carefully integrated projects including child protection, migration, harm reduction, education, alternative care, vocational training, social businesses, employment, NGO networks and more!
As a Partnerships/Grants Officer, based in our HQ in Phnom Penh, you will be identifying funding opportunities, preparing/coordinating funding proposals, managing funding relationships, and ensuring grant contract compliance. Through this, you’ll work with a wide range of donors and you’ll have many chances to visit the field and see Friends’ projects throughout Cambodia and the region. You will be a member of our growing multicultural Partnerships team. This is an exciting opportunity for a growing professional looking to be based close to activities in the field. You will also be fostering the relationship between the FI Country Programs in Southeast Asia and our donors.
Does this describe you?
• You are a dynamic team player who is passionate about working for the protection and education of marginalized children, youth and their families
• You enjoy working directly with donors (organizations or individuals) and fostering relationships with them
• You are excellent at communicating and coordinating with people from various backgrounds
• You are skilled in writing donor proposals and tailoring them to fit donors’ needs (corporates, foundations, UN, individuals)
• You have a strong track record in identifying prospects and converting them into donors
• You are an excellent English speaker with high/native-level writing proficiency
These would be examples of some of your daily responsibilities. Would you enjoy them?
• Working with our Technical Assistant in Laos to gather information and prepare a proposal for the expansion of the Program in Luang Prabang
• Prepare a field visit for a new potential donor interested in funding our ChildSafe Agent network in Phnom Penh
• Coordinate the completion of a yearly narrative report for a multi-country donor for education
• Accompanying our Social Workers in the field to understand better the needs in a new outreach area and include it in the new proposal for the Saving Lives program
• Conduct regular meetings with our supporters in Australia and work with them on concept notes
• Implement a volunteer engagement activity in collaboration with the HR team that will be implemented together with an important corporate donor
• Regularly input information and derive reports for analytics from Salesforce
• Deliver basic training on ‘Working with donors’ which you will deliver to a group of growing fundraisers from FI and our partners
• And others.