Senior Manager for Strategic Partnerships and Communications, Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship
Skoll World Forum
Senior Manager for Strategic Partnerships and Communications, Skoll Centre
Saïd Business School, Park End Street, Oxford
Grade 8: £45,585 – £54,395 per annum
Fixed-term contract to 31 July 2027, full time
The Skoll Centre, which sits within Saïd Business School at the University of Oxford, has a 20-year history of equipping entrepreneurial leaders for impact within and beyond business. Our success has attracted renewed funding which will enable us to extend our work beyond social entrepreneurship.
Our new strategy involves developing research-led insights on how to lead, organise, finance, measure, and scale systemic change, which will fuel learning programmes for students at Oxford and entrepreneurial leaders globally. The strategy is underpinned by a new organisational structure, and we are now looking for five people to complete that structure. To ensure we do this in a coherent and effective way, we are advertising three senior posts first, with two junior posts to be published shortly.
If you have the skills and expertise to help take the Skoll Centre through its next phase of growth, we very much want to hear from you. Marya Besharov, the Centre’s Academic Director, would be pleased to talk to you about the role(s) you might be interested in and the career development opportunities that working at the Skoll Centre provides.
As a key member of the Centre’s senior leadership team, the Senior Manager for Strategic Partnerships and Communications will play a crucial role in curating, convening and engaging a global network while enhancing the Centre’s reputation as a leading academic hub for social impact.
- Collaborate with the Academic Director and Deputy Director to develop and implement strategic partnerships and marketing and communications strategies.
- Develop a strategy for engaging and convening the global network of Skoll Centre alumni, affiliates and relevant individuals and organisations.
- Manage key convenings such as the Skoll Centre Community Convening, Skoll Scholar Summit and other events, ensuring visibility and engagement from stakeholders.
- Identify and support the development of new partnerships with funders and organisations to advance the Centre’s mission.
- Manage the Skoll Centre Marketing Coordinator and external consultants as needed.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate leadership in communications and marketing or community and network management. The candidate must exhibit the ability to construct and execute communication strategies, establishing a clear and compelling brand positioning. Exceptional interpersonal skills are essential for effectively managing relationships and gaining the confidence of diverse individuals.
Further information on this role can be found in the job description.
The Saïd Business School offers very generous benefits, some of which are:
- Generous holiday allowance of 38 days including bank holidays
- Hybrid working
- Membership of the Oxford staff pension scheme
- Discounted bus travel
- Subsidised onsite catering
- Cycle loan scheme
- Plus, many other University benefits
All applications must include a CV, Supporting Statement/Cover Letter and Current Salary.
For further guidance and support, please visit https://www.jobs.ox.ac.uk/how-to-apply.