Senior Talent Development Associate
Skoll World Forum
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Under the supervision of the Senior Director of Organization & Talent Development, the Senior Talent Development Associate supports planning and implementation of programs and initiatives that support the growth and development of Internews’ employees, as well as the overall success of the organization. The Senior Associate will partner closely with the Senior Directory and Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) Specialist to support Internews’ leadership development program, develop training and Talent Development materials, support the development and delivery of trainings and e-learning, and support the administration of our learning management system. The Senior Associate is a complex administrative support position requiring prior experience and/or training.
Internews has US offices in Arcata, CA and Washington, DC which support a hybrid workforce with staff working remotely, fully in-office, or partially remote. This is a remote-based role, and candidates based anywhere in the United States will be considered.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and actively support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations, and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Support and coordinate training assessments for employees alongside the Senior Director and DEIB Specialist.
- With leadership from the Senior Director and DEIB Specialist, support administration of the leadership development program: schedule trainings, coordinate pre- and post-training logistics, and help monitor and improve program quality.
- Aid in the design and implementation of trainings and e-learnings that support the growth and development of Internews’ employees; as requested, participate in leading trainings, workshops, meetings, and/or webinars.
- Coordinate upkeep, rollout, and tracking of compliance trainings.
- Manage People & Culture-led aspects of the Learning Management System (LMS): upload and maintain training materials; help create and track employee groups and coordinate their efforts.
- Draft People & Culture team and Talent Development materials such as job aids, tools, workbooks, and one-pagers to support our training and development programs.
- Preview online learning courses and provide input to course selection.
- Gather documentation (e.g., invoices, proposals) and provide technical and administrative support needed to manage relationships with third parties and consultants providing Talent Development resources, trainings, surveys, etc.
- Draft new and update current written guidance for Talent Development including policies, procedures, and guidance.
Support the overall intranet presence of the People & Culture team on our internal SharePoint site and coordinate with functional area leads within the team to present information in an organized and consistent way.
- Support the Senior Director in the drafting and rollout of the organizational Talent Strategy.
- Prior experience designing, developing, and/or implementing trainings and e-learning.
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems (LMS) and/or SharePoint is a significant plus.
- As requested, contribute to larger team / cross-cutting initiatives.
- Assist in the creation of a global onboarding program for new employees that builds an understanding of culture, values, and goals, and prepares them for success in their new roles.
- Draft communications and manage inquiries regarding new onboarding resources and trainings.
- Draft communications and progress updates for onboarding program implementation project plan.
Belonging, Dignity, and Justice
- Support development and implementation of programs, trainings, and gatherings related to organizational Belonging, Dignity, and Justice/diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) work.
- Support planning and facilitation of affinity group (employee resource group) sessions and activities.
- Support change management initiatives related to People & Culture, Organizational Development, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI).
- Create strong, trusting relationships with individuals across the organization to ensure the success of our organizational development and Talent Development initiatives.
- Promote a culture of Belonging, Dignity, and Justice as well as accountability, integrity, high performance, respectful collaboration, and continuous improvement that values learning, a commitment to quality, and a commitment to Internews’ mission and Core Values.
Data and Reporting
- Support and coordinate the organization’s employee engagement survey and engagement pulse survey design, administration, reporting, presentations, and resulting action planning process.
- Support successful deployment of employee surveys through vendor relationship management and managing administration needs of the survey platform.
- Produce reports from course evaluation data; as requested, provide recommendations based on feedback and trend analyses to improve the efficacy of our training and Talent Development programs.
- Support the measuring and monitoring of employee engagement; provide data-driven recommendations and summary of findings to the Senior Director; implement actions to improve engagement.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- University degree or equivalent lived/professional experience.
Minimum 3 years of prior relevant experience in Human Resources, Talent Development, Organizational Development, or a closely related field.
- Prior experience with design, development, implementation, and evaluation of trainings.
- Professional fluency in English, with exceptional written communication skills. Proven text-editing proficiency is a significant asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to manage confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills; ability to communicate effectively and with diplomacy, professionalism, and tact.
- Demonstrated openness to feedback.
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural, remote work environment.
- Ability to manage competing deadlines and work both independently and as part of a team.
Note: Candidates who do not have these preferred qualifications, but who are interested and willing to learn, are encouraged to apply.
- Previous experience in an international NGO or similar organization.
The annual salary range for this position is US $58,400 – $73,000.