Social Media Officer
Skoll World Forum
YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY …
Action Against Hunger leads the global movement to end hunger. We innovate solutions, advocate for change, and reach 28 million people every year with proven hunger prevention and treatment programs. As a nonprofit that works across 55 countries, our 8,990 dedicated staff members partner with communities to address the root causes of hunger, including climate change, conflict, inequity, and emergencies. We strive to create a world free from hunger, for everyone, for good.
Action Against Hunger USA is part of the Action Against Hunger International network. As an independent NGO, Action Against Hunger USA currently manages operations in 8 countries: Kenya, South Sudan, Somalia, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Zambia and Haiti. Action Against Hunger-USA has over $100 million in programs, and approximately 1,800 permanent staff based in New York City, Washington D.C, Nairobi, and country offices. Additional growth is anticipated.
Action Against Hunger’s External Relations Department seeks a creative and resourceful Social Media Communications Officer who believes in the power of storytelling to raise visibility through social media in the fight to end hunger. This individual is familiar with international development and humanitarian issues, excels in writing and creating engaging content for social media, and has strong organizational skills to manage a content calendar and coordinate with various teams – often under tight deadlines. The individual will have a firm knowledge of the evolving social media landscape, how to track success using a data-driven approach, and effective strategies for boosting brand visibility on social media. The successful candidate will also have basic video editing skills or be a quick study for how to create or edit simple videos for social media. Basic graphic design skills for creating effective infographic graphics are required.
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Communications and working closely with the Senior Communications Officer, the Social Media Communications Officer will be responsible for managing the organization’s social media across several platforms (LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, X, and TikTok).
In addition, the Officer will track metrics for the Communications team, providing periodic data reports on social media, news media, and website traffic to help inform strategy across all channels. The individual will have a general knowledge of broad media and social media trends and provide context and insights regarding best practices.
The ideal candidate works respectfully and diplomatically with diverse teams, is high energy and thrives under pressure, brings creativity and a sense of humor to work every day, and believes strongly in our mission.
Action Against Hunger has a hybrid work policy that requires at least two days in the office per week and proof of COVID-19 vaccination. The organization has offices in New York City and Washington, DC.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE
The Social Media Communications Officer:
Purpose: Create and curate social media content to drive the organization’s communications strategy, increasing the organization’s visibility and revenue streams.
Engagement: Engage potential and existing donors, policymakers, journalists, and a broad U.S. audience on subjects related to the organization’s activities and mission. Expand outreach and promote brand awareness through creative storytelling and relatable content, building on lessons from our recent social media audit and creating a more strategic and data-driven approach.
Delivery: Ensure consistent growth and engagement on social media platforms; ensure messages are aligned with larger priorities of the Communications Team; regularly monitor and report to the Communications team on social media results; and continuously adapt our approach based on lessons learned.
Essential Job Duties
- Manages social media by producing and curating digestible and engaging multimedia campaigns and content for priority social media platforms.
- Advances effective strategy to grow Action Against Hunger’s social media following and engagement.
- Oversees metrics for Communications (e.g., social media metrics via Meltwater platform, website metrics via Google Analytics, and Youtube metrics), tracking progress monthly in clear and digestible formats and providing recommended actions based on results.
- Contributes to weekly content and media strategy meetings and editorial calendar across print and digital channels.
- Collaborates with digital and direct marketing team, partnerships team, events team, and major donor team on special campaigns and initiatives.
- Develops relationships with our technical and operations teams both in the U.S. and in our country offices to gather content and programmatic information on an ongoing basis.
- Liaise with social media colleagues across the Action Against Hunger international network to collaborate on campaigns and to adapt content for U.S. audiences.
Occasionally supervising interns or external vendors such as graphic designers or freelance writers.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods and to concentrate on work, including typing, and turn out heavy volumes of work accurately, within short time frames under stressful situations in the context of a moderately noisy office with interruptions.
To travel to the field, the employee must attest to a level of physical fitness capable of enduring physically difficult, highly stressful situations which may include the necessity to walk long distances, to eat a limited diet and/or to reside in potentially uncomfortable housing or tents.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working Conditions, Travel and Environment
The duties of the job require regular job attendance at least five days per week. Must be available to work outside normal office hours or on the weekends as required by contact with the missions, mission security, or other obligations.
Must be able to travel as required for standard domestic and international business travel as well as to the missions if appropriate. While visiting the field, the employee may be exposed to precarious settings under high security risks and/or very basic living conditions and outside weather conditions, as well as to infectious diseases.
Gender Equality Commitments & Zero Tolerance to Abuse
Foster an environment that reinforces values of people of all genders, and equal access to information.
Provide a work environment where people of all genders must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
Promote a safe, secure, and respectful environment for all stakeholders, particularly for children, people we serve, and members of staff.
Help to prevent any type of abuse including workplace harassment and sexual abuse and exploitation.
Respect the people we serve regardless of gender, sex orientation, disability, religion, race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
Value and respect all cultures.
Required Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 3-5 years in communications, including social media.
- Experience working with an international NGO.
- Knowledge of international development and humanitarian work.
- Experience managing and monitoring social media to raise visibility and build an engaged online community.
- Experience in ensuring all communications adhere to brand guidelines and editorial standards.
- Experience in the following is highly desired: editing short videos for social media posts, basic graphic design skills for brochures or infographics writing, and optimizing web content
- Experience producing communications tailored to a range of different target audiences.
- Fluency in English
- Other language skills are a plus
Required Skills & Competencies
- Exceptional skills in professional writing, editing, story development. Click here to enter text.(Professional writing samples will be requested.)
- Ability to thrive in startup environment.
- Highly organized with strong project management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Familiarity with broad social media trends and best practices.
- Familiarity with photography and videography.
- Skilled problem solver, adept at identifying challenges and recommending solutions proactively.
- Outstanding presentation skills and general communications skills across diverse teams with differing technical backgrounds.
- Ability to translate highly technical source material into compelling, accessible content for a general audience.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, with the confidence, judgment, and maturity to take the lead when necessary or let others lead when appropriate.
- Works respectfully, collaboratively, and diplomatically with diverse teams.
- Driven with high energy and thrives under pressure.
- Brings creativity, positivity, and a sense of humor to work every day, and believes strongly in our mission.
- Works respectfully and diplomatically with diverse teams, is high energy and thrives under pressure, brings creativity and a sense of humor to work every day, and believes strongly in our mission.
- Competency in Adobe Creative Suite, Google Analytics, and social media management tools.
- Familiarity with web content management systems such as Drupal and WordPress.
- Strong understanding of graphic design and printing processes.