Manager, Individual Giving
Skoll World Forum
Echoing Green identifies tomorrow’s transformational leaders today. Through its Fellowships and other innovative leadership initiatives, Echoing Green spots emerging leaders and invests deeply in their success to accelerate their impact, and has established a global community of emerging leaders who have launched GirlTrek, Tala, Village of Wisdom, Shining Hope for Communities, SKS Microfinance, Last Mile Health, Neighborhood Benches, Good Call, and hundreds of others.
For more information on Echoing Green, please visit www.echoinggreen.org.
The Manager will join the department building a growth plan to raise $20M per year from individuals, corporations, and foundations. As the second member of the individual giving team, reporting to the Senior Director, they will have the opportunity to influence strategy development, donor engagement initiatives, process development and support a growing base of financial contributions from individual supporters.
What You’ll Do
You’ll support Individual Giving by:
- Initially support the Senior Director of Individual Giving in managing a portfolio of High Net Worth donors. In the long-term,
- build and develop a portfolio of mid-range (likely 5 figure) donors.
- Support the entire department in the process of engaging key long-term, new, and prospective donors to generate funding to support the organization.
- Collaborate with colleagues on the Development team to develop cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for donors.
- Help develop new and creative ideas for donor engagement.
- Participate in the departmental portfolio review process and be responsible for maintaining an organized donor cultivation and stewardship system by updating donor records in the Echoing Green Salesforce database.
- Collaborate with appropriate Echoing Green departments to identify, measure, and donor deliverables, where required.
- Ensure proper individual donor recognition in all publications.
- Conduct and analyze prospect research with a keen understanding of identifying and cultivating new donors and stewarding donors towards more significant gifts.
- Support the development and implementation of fundraising policies and procedures, including donor pipeline strategies.
- Manage individual reporting and proposal writing, where required; support the creation of appropriate fundraising and outreach materials, including (but not limited to) letters, emails, and proposals.
- Support the management of EG’s online donation platform and the platform’s integration with Salesforce.
- Implement donor tracking and acknowledgment best practices for all individual donors.
- Work with EG’s finance team to support development/finance reconciliation.
- Collaborate with program and senior staff in preparing and presenting the organization in funder relationships, proposals, and stewardship activities (e.g., donation acknowledgment letters).
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate records of your donor portfolio in the Echoing Green Salesforce database.
- Support reporting efforts of the Senior Director, Individual giving (preparing slides, etc).
- Support cross-vertical projects such as pipeline building; planning
- Supporting implementation of the strategic plan
What you’ll bring:
● Passion for Echoing Green’s mission, with a commitment to social entrepreneurship and harnessing next-generation talent.
● Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
● 3-5 years’ experience of demonstrated fundraising experience and success in cultivating and soliciting individual donors.
● Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities, meet timelines, and improve processes.
● Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
● Keen analytical and prospect research skills, experience developing fundraising materials, i.e., reports and proposals.
● Proactive work style
● Experience successfully identifying potential individual donors and developing effective strategies to cultivate, solicit, and upgrade them.
● A working knowledge of effective moves management strategies.
● A high level of discretion and ethical approach to fundraising.
● Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with staff and stakeholders.
Base Salary: $91,500/year
Echoing Green offers a full benefits package designed to support employee wellness which includes:
● Up to 27 days off per year, plus 9 paid holidays and 10 days off for winter break
● Best-in-class health insurance which covers medical, dental, and vision needs
● 16 weeks of paid parental leave
● 12 weeks paid personal sick leave
● Monthly well-being stipend of $100/month
● Monthly wireless stipend of $100/month
● Professional development stipend of $1000 per fiscal year, plus an additional $350 per fiscal year to support employees’ learnings around racial equity
● 403(b)-retirement savings plan with an employer match up to 7% of annual salary
This role is hybrid in New York City and will require 2 days in office .
Employees of Echoing Green are required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law.
Echoing Green provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Echoing Green complies with all applicable laws