Director of Finance
Skoll World Forum
The Director of Finance will lead a Finance team of 3, including a Senior Finance Officer and a Finance Officer, in all aspects of the organization’s finances, building the backbone of a growing institution. The Director will oversee the development of the annual budget, totaling approximately $15 million, and the tracking of all income, expenditures, and investments. A member of the Management Team, the Director of Finance will supervise a growing team of finance professionals.
The ideal employee will fulfill the following responsibilities and qualifications:
- Drive financial planning and management – develop annual budget; oversee payment procedures to vendors and grantees, expense reporting processes, and reconciliation of credit card accounts. Oversee revenues processing, including check deposits, restricted revenues tracking and reporting, and reconciliation of revenues. Direct and oversee investments and banking relationships. Prepare information for audits, reporting to 20+ funders annually, including government funding sources. Oversee the preparation of Form 990 and any financial compliance requirements.
- Lead financial reporting both internal and external- act as the financial representative with consortium partners, establishing and maintaining communication channels to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. This includes annual budgets and financial reports, and other relevant documentation for consortium partners. Provide quarterly reports to the finance committee and the board.
- Support strategy development – work with Directors of Programs and Partnerships to develop sustainable strategies for revenue and expenditure by providing timely financial analysis and projection, staffing recommendations, and other inputs toward Urgent Action Fund for Feminist Activism ’s future direction. Integrate financial systems with tools and systems used by other departments.
- Integrate financial systems – using recommendations developed in 2023 by external consultants, work with the Director of People, Culture, and Operations to harmonize finance systems and workflows with those used by Operations and HR teams.
- Inform Urgent Action Fund Sister Fund planning – provide financial projections, including budget and investment updates, to assist with Sister Fund collective planning for future years. Collaborate with other Sister Fund Directors of Finance to assist in the development and creation of systems.