Chief Growth Officer
Skoll World Forum
Water For People is a global nonprofit working across nine countries, bringing together communities, local entrepreneurs, and governments to build and maintain water and sanitation services that will last. We have a sustainable solution to end the global water and sanitation crisis, and our employees across the world help drive this solution.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
In this dynamic role, the Chief Growth Officer (CGO) will be not only responsible for achieving revenue targets but will also take a holistic approach to the growth of the organization, going beyond traditional fundraising. This person will hold the vision and execution for the powerful role philanthropy can play at Water For People and in the broader water and sanitation sector.
The Chief Growth Officer is responsible for:
• What the goals are (and making sure the team is always focused on them).
• Setting of priorities (around projects, prospects, and plans).
• Strategies we will pursue. (This role may not generate all the strategy, but it needs to confirm/enrich it and provide both support and a framework for its execution).
• Deployment. Who will do what.
• Accountability. How and at what point individual and team performance will be measured
With a primary focus on delivering the growth plan aligned with our Destination 2030 vision which includes growing revenue to $75M annually, increasing awareness of the urgency of the global water crisis and Water For People’s role, and leveraging organizational priorities to drive impact, the CGO will lead in five priority growth areas: More dollars, more donors, more engagement, more awareness, and more intentionality. The CGO will be responsible for implementing and adapting Water For People’s global growth strategy.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
• Form strong partnerships with Co-CEOs, Chief Finance and Administration Officer (CFAO), Chief Impact Officer (CIO), Senior Director of Finance (SDF), and Regional Directors to develop multi-year organizational fundraising priorities, revenue targets and projections, effective engagement plans for high-level current and potential supporters and the media, and accurate and timely updates to the Board.
• Work with the Donor Impact team and the Global Leadership Team (GLT) to execute the current growth plan aligned with the strategic plan tied with Destination 2030 and with the One For All Alliance; key emphasis will be on growing the number of new prospects/donors and strengthening the portfolio in the long-term into a greater number of key donors/funders.
• Ensure performance, strategy, and alignment of the organization’s revenue-generating activities and external relations including brand and communications.
• Lead analysis of fundraising strategies and approaches to align with current market trends while staying flexible and innovative.
• Work closely with the CFAO & SDF on the revenue budget process, including budget formation, evaluating risk, generating reports and creating revenue budget for two-year revenue plans.
• Support on the identification of funding opportunities that match the organization’s strategy and priorities, including high wealth individuals, corporations, and/or private foundation and/or institutional funding, and as requested, support in the engagement of current donors across all funding levels to promote long-term funding relationships.
• Lead the Donor Impact team in establishing a strong culture, a people-first mentality that focuses on staff retention and growth, and work with the members of the Donor Impact team on meeting their individual and team annual goals and targets.
• Partner with Regional Directors in LATAM, Africa, and India, build capacity of regional teams to grow and attract potential in-country fundraising. Oversee the development and implementation of policies and systems that support growth.
• Keep abreast of developments in marketing, communications, philanthropy and fund development, and share and inform GLT, Board, and Donor Impact
• Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and laws, maintain accountability standards to donors, and follow code of ethical principles and standards of professional conduct for fundraising executives.
• Serve as GLT representative on the Board Development Committee, bringing practical insight and best-practice strategy to the work of the Board in the realm of revenue generation; support and partner with the Board around elevating the organization on the driving focus areas of more dollars, more donors, more engagement, more awareness, and more intentionality.
• Promote and inspire increased brand recognition for the organization while expanding global understanding of the water crisis.
• Gives vision and framing on the goals, structure, growth, and strategy of the Donor Impact Team.
YOU WILL EXCEL IN THIS ROLE IF YOU HAVE
• 15+ years of general experience that show progressively responsible and relevant experience in fundraising, business development, marketing, communications, and revenue growth.
• 10 years of remarkable experience with Business Development / Fundraising in nonprofits, managing multi-million-dollar budgets exceeding $15 million USD.
• Demonstrated evidence of outstanding results and achievements working with multi-lateral, individual, foundation, and/or corporate funding of multi-million-dollar grants.
• At least 7 years of people management experience.
• Experience collaborating and building partnerships with senior leadership, board members, and other key internal and external stakeholder groups.
• Experience working in international development and familiarity with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
• Strong analytical skills and data-driven mindset.
• Bold and effective networker to introduce and strengthen relationships which promote increasing revenue and/or the recognition and messaging of Water For People.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE
• Experience working at the intersection of WASH and cross-cutting issues, such as climate change, gender and social inclusion, health, etc.
• Spanish language skills.
Don’t meet every single requirement but you are excited about this role? Water For People is committed to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so we encourage to apply even if your past experience does not align perfectly with every qualification listed above.
MORE ABOUT THIS ROLE
• Ability to travel up to 15% of the time domestically and internationally including to developing countries where travel is rugged.
• Ability to work outside typical offices hours at times to collaborate across multiple time zones.
• This position has the option to work from an office or remotely in one of the following countries where Water For People is present: Guatemala, Honduras, Bolivia, Peru, India, Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, Tanzania, the United Kingdom or the United States. Candidates must be a citizen or legally authorized to work in the country in which they live.
• Water For People will not support remote work from other countries besides those listed above and from the following states: NY, NJ, WA, VT and CA.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
HOW YOU WILL APPLY:
If Water For People and this position interest you, please visit our Career Center and apply with your resume and cover letter to this position.
Anticipated salary range: $160,000 – $190,000 for US candidates only. (If based outside the US an equivalent country market – based salary will be determined)
The actual salary will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage healthy living for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind, and social well-being. To that end, we provide a global Telehealth benefit, flexible time off and a generous retirement savings plan. If the position is based outside the US, benefits will be dictated by the country in which the selected candidate is located.
Water For People cannot provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Water For People is committed to protecting children encountered during our work and by our employees, preventing sexual abuse and exploitation of all individuals with a particular focus on women and children and other marginalized communities in the performance of our work, preventing human trafficking in the performance of our work and in our supply chain and to having a drug-free workplace. During the recruitment processes, additional documentation will be requested to comply with our policies and in accordance with the legal requirements in your country of residency, this includes a background check. If you apply for employment, we want you to be aware of our recruitment, selection and hiring processes including important policies regarding employee conduct.
Water For People is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to creating a culture of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in our workplace. For this position we strongly encourage women and people with disabilities to apply. Water for people strives to create and maintain a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of race, ethnicity, ancestry, tribal affiliation, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, veteran status, disability, socioeconomic class, educational attainment, or other social identities is critical to our ability to have a world where every person has access to reliable and safe water and sanitation services.
Our commitment ensures that we:
● Have a different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges
● Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating each other with dignity, respect, and appreciation enabling us to feel welcome, supported, and valued
● Effectively connect, communicate, and build long-lasting relationships with stakeholders within our diverse communities
● Have diversity of thought, perspectives, backgrounds, identities, and talents that will support our mission to develop high-quality drinking water and sanitation services are available to Everyone Forever