Sri Lanka: Senior Project Officer
Skoll World Forum
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Internews’ Building a Culture of Peaceful Pluralism (BCPP) project seeks an experienced Senior Project Officer to lead the implementation of activities aimed at increasing quality media content and engagement between CSOs, media & key stakeholders focused primarily on religious freedom, human rights, and ethnic/religious identity. The Senior Project Officer will report to the Country Representative.
This position is based in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Please note that individuals must have independent work authorization in Sri Lanka that does not require sponsorship from Internews; relocation support is not available.
This is a limited-duration position with an expected end date of November 30th, 2024.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Lead the implementation of capacity building and networking programs.
- Assist with project oversight and planning, including progress toward program deliverables.
- Develop, organize, and maintain information and project tracking systems (e.g., shared drive, user database).
- Ensure that all programmatic reports are provided to Internews from partners and offices in a timely manner.
- Conduct review of partners’ narrative reporting and assist in review of financial reporting.
- Develop first drafts of key project documentation (reports, workplans, internal documents); proof, revise, format, and assemble finished materials.
- Compile and distribute notes from key meetings.
- Support implementation of project assessments, surveys, and M&E activities as needed.
- Work with consultants/trainers to manage trainings, seminars, and workshops.
- Provide updates and briefings on programs and maintain correspondence with partner networks.
- Occasional in-country travel and possible international travel.
- Support strategic communications efforts of Internews to promote and publicize project activities.
- Attend relevant partner network meetings and external events on behalf of Internews.
- In all duties, uphold Internews’ Core Values and demonstrate commitment to fostering a culture of Belonging, Dignity, and Justice.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of programmatic experience, including project management experience.
- Experience in media or managing media development projects is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English and at least one local language.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to follow documented procedures; ability to take direction and work independently to complete tasks on time.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including report writing experience.
- Proven organizational skills, with good attention to detail.
- Proven ability to operate in a multicultural and remote work environment.
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple ongoing assignments.
To apply, please submit CV and cover letter to: LKfirstname.lastname@example.org