Call for Consultants
Skoll World Forum
About Building Markets
Building Markets’ mission is to build inclusive economies for small businesses so that all people have the opportunity to rise. We do this by opening opportunities for small business owners affected by crises or marginalization to transform their lives and communities.
Building Markets addresses inequality around the world by advancing inclusive economies that work for all. We do this by opening opportunities for small business owners — who fuel more than 70% of the world’s jobs — to transform their lives and communities. Since 2004, Building Markets has combined its deep local knowledge, comprehensive data, and global networks to build confidence and strength in more than 27,000 small business owners affected by crises and marginalization. From securing $1.4 billion in contracts or loans to creating more than 74,000 full-time jobs in places where they’re needed most, Building Markets is elevating small businesses as engines of enduring social impact and economic growth.
To achieve our mission, we concentrate our efforts on four primary outcomes:
- Increased revenue for small businesses from communities affected by marginalization.
- Increased buyer confidence in our target small businesses.
- Job creation for people held back by marginalization.
- Secured working capital for our target small businesses.
Call for Consultants
As part of Building Markets’ 2023-2028 organizational strategy, we have an ambitious agenda to accelerate impact for small businesses in Latin America, the Middle East, West Africa, Asia, and the US. As such, Building Markets is seeking to expand the roster of external consultants to deliver sector-specific expertise and support, ranging from circular economy to sustainable supply chains to small businesses in our global programs.
- An advanced degree with a minimum of five years of working on projects focused on economic development, environmental sustainability, supply chains and market access.
- Research and/or programming experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Economic development
- Private sector engagement
- E-commerce/platform economies
- Supply chain sustainability/responsible sourcing
- Circular economy
- Health supply chains
- Agricultural supply chains
- Prior experience conducting academic research, landscaping studies, assessments, or research projects.
- Written and spoken proficiency in English.
To be considered for Building Markets’ roster of consultants, please submit your information using this Google Form.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on an ongoing basis.