Skoll World Forum
The Human Safety Net ‘s mission is that of unlocking the potential of vulnerable people, so that they can transform their lives and those of their families and communities. It is Generali’s initiative for the community, launched in 2017 and now active in 26 countries. It is driven by a foundation that acts as a centre of competence and works in cooperation with the Business Units of the Generali Group in Europe, Asia and Latin America.
The Home of The Human Safety Net in Venice – restored by Pritzker Prize winning David Chipperfield Architects and opened in April 2022 – is a vibrant, lively and unique space, created to be the Home of a movement of people helping people and to welcome an open network of individuals, organisations and institutions committed to enabling those living in vulnerable conditions to reach their full potential. The interactive exhibition “A World of Potential” is an opportunity to engage visitors in The Human Safety Net’s mission by offering them a journey to discover their own potential, in line with the Foundation’s programmes. The Exhibition space is complemented by a Café, a co-working space and a fully equipped events space.
The Home of The Human Safety Net aims to increasingly become a reference space for both the Venetian community and the national and international impact community, a space that is lively, busy at all times of the week for experts, the public, schools, associations, universities, engaged citizens, etc.
Within The Human Safety Net we are looking for an entrepreneurial and experienced professional to join our team.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
Design, plan and execute the annual events calendar, according to The Home objectives and guidelines
Actively source and build partnerships (corporate and institutional) to attract & design high level events for event spaces & the Home as a whole, in synergy with exhibition and co-working spaces
Promote the space for third party use with B2B marketing activities to generate revenues to sustain THSN activities
Collaborate with Foundation Comms and Programme Teams to develop synergies for events with global partners (co-funders, international organizations and NGO grantees)
Monitor and manage revenue targets, balancing pricing policies and quotas of own, paid and hosted events. Research and analyze national and international events in potential scope (both mission-aligned and revenue-generating) as well as relevant intermediaries and identify pathways to secure a varied and balanced calendar
Budgeting: estimates, negotiation, administrative processes, security departments, agencies and contracts and lead general logistic management. Manage daily relationship with external and internal stakeholders including in-house Illy Café & catering company, IT support, Building & Facility Management, public licences, etc
Researching and securing new agencies, and suppliers, as needed
Our ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- 8+ years of experience in the field of scouting and managing events in international contexts
- Experience in organizing events in spaces with a public facing mission
- Knowledge and strong network inside the events sector, key players, commercial dynamics, at highest quality standards
- Ease of use of tools and metrics to manage events in the most effective way
- Understanding and direct experience of Venetian environment and stakeholders
Nice to have:
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Exposure and direct engagement in the third sector (social/arts/culture)
- Team player
- Problem solver with a to-do attitude
- Accountable, resilient, able to work under pressure
- Excellent project management/organizational skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple initiatives at once
- People oriented person, with good communication and negotiation abilities in presenting project to various stakeholders