Thailand: Program Coordinator
Skoll World Forum
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Program Coordinator will provide program management support for the Senior Program Manager by coordinating tasks within Internews as well as with external partners to achieve program objectives. The Coordinator will provide temporary cover in coordination among partners, grantees, and departments to ensure coordination and synergy within activity streams. A rapid start-up is required to ensure timely implementation of partner activities. Therefore, this position is best suited to an experienced program coordinator, ideally one with experience working with Internews within a consortium.
This position will be based in Thailand.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
This is a limited-duration position with an expected end date in September 2025. This position may be extended, contingent upon the availability of funding.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations, and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Report to and provide timely programmatic updates for the Senior Program Manager to ensure deliverables are being met in a timely manner.
- Work with the Senior Program Manager and subcontractors/partners to coordinate program implementation and reporting requirements.
- Work with the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer to ensure smooth coordination with M&E and the technical leads.
- Facilitate and manage key information sharing and reporting mechanisms within Internews and the Asia Program Management Unit (PMU) to ensure weekly, monthly, and milestone reporting (if relevant) is completed in a timely manner.
- Review and edit activity reports, Milestone Reviews and/or research reports as required.
- Work with colleagues in the Asia PMU to support project communication in compliance with donor requirements.
- Encourage a positive working environment through employee relations, activities, and communications.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
- In all duties, uphold Internews’ Core Values and demonstrate commitment to fostering a culture of Belonging, Dignity, and Justice.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 5 years of prior relevant experience, including prior project management experience. Field and/or media experience a significant asset.
- University degree in media, development, or a related subject OR equivalent lived/professional experience.
- Project management and reporting experience; consortium project management experience in Myanmar preferred.
- Proven skill in producing accurate and timely reports.
- Experience with project management software, MS Excel, and Word.
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize a shifting workload.
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Familiarity with Internews’ rules, regulations, and policies.
- Excellent English-language communication skills (oral and written).