Strategic Partnerships Director
Skoll World Forum
Kiva is a global nonprofit, founded in 2005, with a mission to expand financial access and help underserved communities thrive. Kiva unlocks capital for borrowers through crowdfunded loans supported by individuals around the world. Lenders on Kiva can start with as little as $25 to support causes that matter most to them, whether that’s gender equity and support for women, refugees, climate change, small businesses, agriculture, and more. Since our founding, over two million people have invested $1.9 billion in real dreams and real opportunity, spanning more than 90 countries and 4.7 million borrowers.
As we work toward our mission, Kiva invests in building and retaining a global team of talent to add to our values-driven and digital-first culture. Our organization is supported by over 700 volunteers and 130+ full time employees dispersed around the world, as well as within team hubs located in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, Bogota, and Bangkok. Kiva’s team is growing as we pursue exciting new opportunities to scale our impact and create a financially inclusive world.
Impact first – This is why we exist. This is the drumbeat we march to. Every day.
Extreme ownership – Own it; you, your relationships, your impact. Insist that others support you and hold you accountable.
Be curious and bold – Never stop learning. Question assumptions. Take Risks and dream big.
Inclusion. Equity. Diversity. – Without reservation and without caveat. In our hiring, in our workplace and in our impact in the world.
Honor and integrity – Do the most right thing in the most right way. Cherish diversity and respect each other.
Love and kindness always – Say what you mean. Mean what you say. And don’t say it mean. Clarity. Courage. Kindness.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience :
- Minimum 8-10 years work experience in fast-paced, growth-oriented organization(s), ideally in an enterprise sales / tech sales role, with a significant portion of past portfolio(s) including working with corporations. Must have a track record of closing 6- and 7-figure deals with corporations.
- Experience working with C-level executives, including CEOs, CMOs, Global Heads of CSR, at Fortune 500 corporations, and/or high-net-worth individuals.
- Track record of building successful partnerships and/or employee engagement or consumer engagement campaigns for corporations.
- Deep interest in international development and financial inclusion and capable of speaking articulately about international development and microfinance with funders, including a strong understanding of Kiva’s role and paths for growth.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and very high EQ.
- Capable of producing written documents and pitch decks with a very fast turnaround, in a way that reflects a clear understanding of partner goals and how those intersect with new initiatives at Kiva.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and excellent listening skills; adept at using PowerPoint and Excel.
- Seasoned experience with negotiation and contracting.
Must be independent and trustworthy to take on and manage relationships, while also being a team player and communicative with a broad set of stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree
- MBA or Master’s in International Relations/Global Studies/International Development/etc.
- Experience living or working internationally; particularly experience living or working in an emerging market.
- History of dedicated volunteer activity and/or commitment to non-profit organizations and international development.
- Experience working with databases, specifically Salesforce.
- Experience working with a remote team and utilizing Slack and Asana for communications and project management.
To be successful as a member of the Kiva team, you will also:
- Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to positively impact a dynamic non-profit organization.
- Have a passion for financial inclusion and technology and the unique ways technology can be leveraged to alleviate poverty and make a positive impact in the world.
- Have a positive, can-do attitude, and a willingness to tackle everything from the nuts and bolts of a partnership to high level strategy on new initiatives.
- Be an innovative and creative thinker; you’re not afraid to try something new and inspire others to do so.
- Be resourceful and not afraid to ask questions and put yourself out there.
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness.
- Have a strong work ethic and require minimal direction.
- Work well independently and as part of a team.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, parental leave, professional development, 401k matching, unlimited PTO, and more
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world
- Salary range: $120K – $125K; a final offer will be dependent upon a candidate’s location, skills and experience.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva’s culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
We will only accept applications directly from candidates. Kiva will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees, absent a formal agreement.