Production Manager of Events
Skoll World Forum
Department: Community and Convenings
Reports to: Managing Director of Convenings
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Palo Alto | U.S. Remote consideration
Salary: $94,554 -$136,063 – Salary is based on Palo Alto, CA – geo-location differential will apply
The Skoll Foundation is looking for a Production Manager to serve on the Convenings team. This function requires significant project management and production skills including knowledge of event technologies and event budget management. The position will help manage operations and logistics for the Skoll Foundation convenings, including our annual signature event, the Skoll World Forum (SWF) in Oxford, England. The Production Manager will work closely with the Director of Event Production and report directly to the Managing Director of Convenings.
This role includes managing operations, advancing communications, executing data analysis, and building events in alignment with the Foundation’s convenings strategy and the overall mission as a platform for social innovation. They will be a key team member within the Connect and Champion department and will interface internally with Skoll Foundation teams, and externally with our production agency and other vendors.
Event Budget & Accounting
- Work with Director of Event Production to build, deploy, and amend event budgets for the SWF and additional convenings.
- Work closely with our external vendors and manage budget-to-actuals with sound fiscal stewardship.
- Work closely with the Managing Director of Convenings on ensuring use of efficient and smart event technology, including mobile app technology and other supporting platforms for events and attendee connections.
Operations & Production
- Work closely with Director of Event Production on overall operations, logistics and production of all events, maintaining Skoll Foundation’s values and standards. Examples of projects include:
- Assist with delegate SWF engagement activities
- Organize pre-SWF online orientations for delegates
- Manage SWF delegate guide
- Assist with seating plans at the SWF
- Coordinate staff travel and accommodation with agencies for SWF
- Work closely with colleagues on the Convenings team to help manage production-related elements for the SWF and other US-and-global Skoll-hosted convenings.
- Provide data research/analysis for event-related projects.
- Lead key event production and logistics elements across internal and external teams.
- Work in close partnership with the registration team for the SWF and other convenings.
- Support the registration process for events.
Internal & External Communication
- Interface with external production partners and other vendors to support delivery of key deliverables.
- Mange event communications with staff and external audience, including developing event reports and briefings.
- Respond to SWF inquiries and other event inquiries.
About the Skoll Foundation
The Skoll Foundation was created by Jeff Skoll in 1999 to pursue his vision of a more peaceful, prosperous, and sustainable world. The mission of the Skoll Foundation is to drive large-scale change by investing in, connecting and celebrating social entrepreneurs and the innovators who help them solve the world’s most pressing problems. By identifying the people and programs already enacting positive change throughout the world, the Foundation empowers them to extend their reach, deepen their impact that results in transformative social change in their communities and the world.
Applicants The Skoll Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the ADA and related state laws. Reasonable accommodation is a change in how things are normally done, ensuring an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the company. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Skoll, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The Foundation requires all staff, vendors, and visitors be fully vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.