Legal and Compliance Counsel - US (Short-Term)
Skoll World Forum
The Legal and Compliance team is responsible for providing comprehensive and proactive legal support to the IDinsight network to ensure compliance with legal requirements and to reduce exposure to legal risk. The Legal and Compliance Counsel will be responsible for managing complex projects and external relationships in a fast-paced environment. This role will lead meetings, need to exhibit effective and clear communication and manage the full project lifecycle for legal and compliance-related projects. The Legal and Compliance Counsel will need to build consensus across a variety of stakeholders, assign activities, monitor execution and evaluate results.
- Contracting: Review and negotiate contracts across the IDinsight network, including grant agreements, service agreements, MOUs, Data License Agreements, and other agreements required from time to time.
- Subsidiary Management: Maintain subsidiary corporate governance matters and ensure subsidiary legal and regulatory compliance
- General Legal Advisory: Provide advice on routine legal matters that are applicable to the network, including employment law, immigration, intellectual property, data privacy, etc.
- Systems: Contribute to developing new systems and processes to meet the growing needs of the network, including training and guidelines, as needed
- Other Legal Projects -As assigned from time to time
- Law Degree and admitted to practice and in good standing in at least one U.S. jurisdiction.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible legal experience within the United States or with an organization with U.S. legal and compliance issues, preferably in-house with an international nonprofit organization or corporation or an international law firm.
- Detail- and execution-oriented, able to take a task from a high-level strategic idea to rapid execution with a large amount of autonomy and conscientiousness;
- Experience with most or all of the following areas of law: tax-exempt organizations, transactional law, employment law, intellectual property, data privacy and security, tax and corporate governance and/or willingness to quickly develop proficiency in any areas of deficit;
- Demonstrated track record as a self-starter and leader, including comfort with ambiguity and dynamic environments and work streams;
- Critical thinker with demonstrated problem-solving skills with strong research capabilities
- Strong communicator in multiple fora (written communications, public speaking, teamwork and upward management)with the ability to explain complex legal issues clearly and concisely to non-lawyers and to effectively liaise with senior leadership;
- Strong ability to maintain integrity and confidentiality in complex situations and handle sensitive information, data, and issues with mature and discreet professionalism;
Willingness to roll up sleeves and handle all aspects of an organization’s legal needs, from routine tasks to high-level strategy discussions with the executive team
- Passionate about global development and social impact;
Experience working in international, cross-cultural, and diverse teams.
- Experience working in international, cross-cultural, and diverse teams.
How to apply
Please visit our careers website to apply for this role.