Global Managing Director
Skoll World Forum
Integrate Health recently launched an ambitious new five-year strategy with a goal to rapidly scale high quality primary healthcare, led by governments, across West Africa. Integrate Health is seeking a Global Managing Director, based in West Africa, to partner with the Togo and Guinea Country Directors, and serve as a peer to the US-based CEO, in leading the execution of this new strategy.
As a senior leader, the Global Managing Director will be responsible for ensuring operational excellence, building a strong team, and managing strategic partnerships. The Global Managing Director will help coordinate, organize, and manage strategy, goal setting, work planning, and planning for staffing needs, while serving as a key liaison between Countries Offices and the Global Support Team. In addition to a deep understanding of the local context in West Africa and content of Integrate Health’s primary health work, the Global Managing Director must demonstrate strong organizational and policy acumen and understand partnership management.
Integrate Health offers a competitive compensation package and a generous benefits package aligned to applicable law.
Specific Responsibilities and Expectations:
1. Operational Excellence: Everything about executing against the proposed strategy, development and implementation of objectives, key results, and budgets, ensuring high caliber quality of program delivery and evidence generation, government accompaniment, global ecosystem development and organizational administration.
a. Improve operational efficiency for cost-effective delivery model with quality retention.
b. Support country teams to document and disseminate impact to inform global norm-setting and showcase Integrate Health impact to funding organizations with confidence.
c. Ensure stretch goals and OKRs are set, aligned, and consistently achieved across the organization, including Global Support team and all Country Teams.
d. Lead work planning and monitoring of progress of work plans in conjunction with other Directors across the organization.
e. Support strategic development of new clinical or programmatic services, initiatives, or ideas, tailored to countries’ needs and demands.
f. Prepare reports and communicate progress, challenges, and achievements to the CEO.
2. Team Building and Cross-cutting Management: Manage, hire, and support the team of leaders across the Global Support and Country teams.
a. Develop plan to build and manage a high performing Global Support team, majority based in West Africa, that is energized, focused, and consistently supports Country teams to set and achieve ambitious goals.
b. Ensure continuation of a strong organizational culture anchored to organization’s values and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
c. Strengthen organizational infrastructure with policies, processes, and practices for reliable support to staff and partners, and with clarity on how and who makes what decisions.
d. Ensure alignment of Mission, Values, Strategy and Resources and an organization-wide focus on patients-first, followed by community, government, and funding partners.
e. Ensure and maintain effective working relationships with all members of Integrate Health leadership team.
3. Strategic Partnership: Leverage Integrate Health learnings to cultivate a global ecosystem of partners (“the winning coalition”) to inform and shape national community health policy, financing, and implementation across West Africa.
a. Engage with strategic partners including Government Ministry of Health and Finance, academic institutions, international and community-based organizations, foundations, bilateral, and multilateral institutions.
b. Develop and implement strategies to improve access to finance in West Africa, including engaging with local financial institutions, aligned with the organization’s goals and mission.
c. Conduct in-depth market research to identify opportunities and challenges and provide strategic guidance and advice to the CEO on expansion strategy in West Africa
d. Advise and support Country Teams on how to effectively accompany governments to shape national health policy, financing, and implementation, including design and delivery of technical assistance, capacity building, and advocacy.
What Are We Looking For?
We are looking for candidates who possess strong leadership skills, a strategic mindset, and a track record of successfully building and leading teams to manage complex projects and initiatives. The right candidate will be adept at constructing high-performing teams, fostering collaboration, and driving sustainable business growth in challenging and dynamic environments. The successful candidate will also be a servant-leader that recognizes that she or he is ultimately accountable to the patients and communities we serve.
What will get us excited?
· Experience as a Chief Executive Officer, Country or Deputy Country Director, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Medical Officer, or comparable role at a medium or large-scale enterprise in West Africa (non-profit or commercial), preferably with a healthcare focus.
· A passion for social justice, global health equity, and eliminating preventable deaths in the world’s most vulnerable communities.
· Ability to be based in or travel to Togo and Guinea, as well as execute other regional and international travel (up to 40% total).
· Experience supporting Government-led initiatives or successful advocacy for policy and sustainable financing reforms.
· Experience managing excellent program delivery, donor relationship management, and reporting on grant-funded projects.
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills and competency in overseeing budgeting and financial management.
· Demonstrated ability to exercise leadership, achieve results on time, and deliver quality.
· Proven local knowledge and an understanding of international best practices.
· Self-organized and goal oriented.
· Experience driving thoughtful processes to make strategic decisions and solve problems.
· Diplomatic and humble learner with the ability to listen and to patiently develop genuine relationships, even with those who may be initially resistant.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and spoken), with demonstrated ability to earn respect of colleagues, patients, and partners from diverse backgrounds.
· Adaptability, humility, and a sense of humor.
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Health Administration, MD, MPA, MPH or Masters in related field
– Fluency in French and English required
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At Integrate Health, we place a high value on diversity and the benefits that come from having employees with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Applicants of West African origin, especially women, are strongly encouraged to apply. To learn more, please visit the diversity, equity, and inclusion page on our website.
Please submit a resume and responses to the three questions below in no more than one page to email@example.com with “Global Managing Director” in the subject line.
1. Why are you interested in this position?
2. What is one reason you think you’d be a good fit for this position?
3. What is one strength you would bring to this position?
Please keep total question responses to a maximum of one page. The application deadline is rolling. Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
The hiring process will include the following steps:
1. Review submitted applications
2. Conduct 20-minute screening interviews for shortlisted candidates
3. Request that shortlisted candidates submit a practical assessment (designed to take no more than two hours to complete)
4. Conduct skills-based interviews for 3-5 candidates
5. Request references
6. Conduct final interview if necessary
7. Make offer
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted, but candidates who proceed to step 2 will be notified if they are not chosen for step 3.
About Integrate Health
Integrate Health (IH) is a rapidly growing global health organization working to serve rural and remote communities in Togo, and in Guinea, West Africa. We believe that access to healthcare is a human right, and we are committed to making this a reality by partnering with governments and local communities to make quality primary healthcare accessible to all. We implement and study an integrated approach to strengthening primary healthcare delivery in order to achieve universal health coverage. By integrating professional Community Health Workers with improved care in public clinics, this approach creates a patient-centered health system that is accountable to the community and dramatically reduces mortality in severely resource-limited settings. For more information on Integrate Health, please visit www.integratehealth.org.