Indo-Pacific: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Skoll World Forum
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Internews is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer for the Supporting Independent Media in the Indo-Pacific project. Reporting to the Project Manager, the M&E Officer will design, manage, and implement monitoring and evaluation systems for the project. The M&E Officer will work with project staff, project partners, and Internews’ regional M&E team to collect data from activities and prepare regular reporting on M&E.
This is a remote-based role. Our preferred candidate will be based in Thailand, the Philippines, or Indonesia. Candidates based elsewhere in the Indo-Pacific region may also be considered; however, there are locations in which Internews is not able to support fully remote hiring. Relocation assistance is not available.
This is a limited-duration position, with an expected end date of 31 December 2025.
Note: Hiring of this position is contingent upon receipt of funding.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations, and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Design a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Plan that measures and tracks progress towards outputs and expected outcomes outlined in the results framework of the projects.
- Develop M&E tools required to collect necessary M&E data for the project.
- Develop internal tracking systems to maintain M&E data in an organized, secure, and easy-to-understand way.
- Provide M&E capacity building and technical support to partners and grantees as necessary.
- Support the collection, verification, and reporting of M&E data from key partners, grantees, mentors, and technical specialists required in the M&E plans in compliance with donors and Internews’ data quality standards.
- Input all required M&E data into donors’ online systems as required by the project agreement.
- Hold Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning check-ins with relevant staff members and use feedback to adapt the M&E plans and data collection system accordingly.
- Coordinate with partners and grantees to ensure their timely submission of the M&E data and examples of project impact that meet Internews’ and donor standards for quality, detail, and clarity.
- Support the design and implementation of baseline/end-line assessments and other surveys according to the approved work plan.
- Assist the project directors and other project staff in producing regular, timely, and accurate narrative reports (including M&E data) per donor guidelines.
- Work closely with project, regional, and HQ staff to revise the reports as necessary.
- Respond to requests from donors and HQ staff about M&E data, methodologies, and examples of project impact from various target partners promptly and accurately.
- Support the production of project communications materials and success stories as per donor requirements and Internews’ internal standards in conjunction with other project staff as required.
- Other relevant MEL duties may be assigned.
- In all duties, uphold Internews’ Core Values and demonstrate commitment to fostering a culture of Belonging, Dignity, and Justice.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in evaluation, social science, development, or related field OR equivalent lived/professional experience.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Proven professional experience in the field of performance management for social development activities and/or media.
- Experience in conducting both qualitative and quantitative data collection and using M&E database systems.
- Experience in managing research and evaluation conducted by consultants and contractors.
- Experience working with and providing MEL technical and/or capacity-building support to media outlets in South and Southeast Asia and the Pacific.
- Experience in using relevant M&E and communications software, such as Excel, Dedoose, etc.
- Experience in conducting relevant evaluation and research methodologies and approaches such as content analysis, organizational capacity assessment, and outcome harvesting is an advantage, but not required.
- Knowledge of data management processes and tools.
Fluency in English is essential, including excellent English writing skills at a publishable standard.
- Sensitivity to cross-cultural dynamics in the workplace and experience providing technical support to a cross-section of staff and local partners.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and information management skills.
- Must be self-reliant, resourceful, good problem-solver, good-humored, and flexible.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and reliably, to a high standard and to deadline.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team across the globe.
- Willingness to travel to project areas as required.
Note: Candidates who do not have these preferred qualifications, but who are interested and willing to learn, are encouraged to apply.
- Master’s degree in relevant fields with professional training in M&E preferred.
- Experience working with US-funded projects is highly preferred.