Tunisia: Communication and Networking Officer
Skoll World Forum
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Internews is seeking a full-time Communications and Networking Officer in Tunisia to lead the in-country communication and networking efforts for its ongoing projects in Tunisia. The Communication Officer reports to the Senior Program Officer in Tunisia and will closely coordinate with the project teams in Tunisia. The Communications Officer will develop, oversee and implement Internews’ communication and digital strategy, manage project-related content creation according to editorial guidelines, and develop content dissemination strategies with the objective of increasing the audience for content related to and produced under Internews’ projects in Tunisia. The Communications & Networking Officer is also responsible for devising and implementing strategies to ensure all data, research, and stories are shared for greatest impact with the media partners, donors, the public, and the media industry.
This role will be based remotely in Tunis, Tunisia.
This is a limited-duration position, with an expected end date of September 2025.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- In coordination with Project Managers and Senior Program Officer and the MERL officer, develop and execute a communications strategy for Internews in Tunisia that includes engaging and creative multimedia content creation, copywriting, and social media engagement.
- Implement and execute all aspects of the digital strategy related to Internews Tunisia projects’ social media accounts, as well as related Internews platforms.
- Develop new and innovative ideas related to communications to raise the visibility and digital footprint of Internews in Tunisia and our local media partners e.g. interactive websites, interactive maps, infographics, motion graphics, animations, educational videos, music videos, mobile apps, use of different social media channels, etc.
- Leverage a diverse body of knowledge to feed digital channels with content to effectively support Internews in Tunisia and to achieve the project’s objectives.
- Develop and monitor audience engagement metrics in coordination with the MERL Officer.
- Support media partners in developing and/or updating communications strategies, as needed.
- Manage paid digital campaigns (Facebook, Google, etc.).
- Liaise with other project-relevant communication stakeholders.
Perform any other relevant duties as required.
- In all duties, uphold Internews’ Core Values and demonstrate commitment to fostering a culture of Belonging, Dignity, and Justice.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor of Arts in social science, evaluation, journalism, visual or mass communication, or related field or equivalent standard of education or equivalent lived/professional experience.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in the production, management, and analysis of social media and the management of digital communities.
- Deep knowledge of the Tunisian media and communication landscape.
- Knowledge and interest in storytelling, data visualization, and visual communication.
- Experience in developing and implementing innovative and comprehensive social media strategies for channel growth and specific campaigns and in audience engagement techniques.
- Experience in creating and successfully disseminating original digital content and products guided by editorial guidelines and objectives.
- Experience in developing digital campaigns.
- Proven track record of audience and community growth on social media.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and experience with video and photo editing software is an asset.
- Ability to manage deadlines and work collaboratively in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Tunisian Arabic and French.
- Ability to work and reside in Tunisia.