On Purpose Associate - an MBA alternative in impact
Skoll World Forum
Are you ready to tackle the most pressing challenges of our time? Join our community of leaders who are working to transform the economy and become an Associate with On Purpose. The year-long leadership programme pays you to develop yourself and build the skills, experience and network to transition into a purpose-led career. With On Purpose, you can be part of the movement of people working to create the economic transformation we so urgently need.
Apply now for the April 2024 cohort of the Associate Programme.
Fast-track your way to an impactful, purpose-led career with:
- Work placements with top purpose-driven organisations
Access to the best minds in the social and environmental impact space
- Opportunity to retrain and earn while you learn
- A tight-knit cohort of 15-20 like-minded and ambitious Associates to work alongside
- Best-in-class leadership training and mentoring from industry professionals
- Competitive advantage to propel you forwards in your impact-led career
- A chance to use your skills, competencies and knowledge to help build a more sustainable, equitable and just future.
Why join us?
The four key parts that make up the On Purpose Associate Programme create a learning experience beyond that of other academic or training programmes:
1. Purpose-driven work placements
You’ll be matched to work on two purpose-driven projects in two different organisations, each for 6 months (working 4.5 days/week). Organisations we have worked with include Big Society Capital, Save the Children, Oddbox, Samaritans, Systemiq, and many more.
2. Learn from experts
You’ll be enrolled in an intensive Learning & Development programme with weekly sessions from experts from diverse sectors (0.5 days/week). You’ll develop your knowledge, leadership skills and a mindset to help you enable change alongside your cohort.
3. Mentoring & coaching
You’ll receive access to 1-2-1 support with fortnightly mentoring sessions and executive coaching every quarter to develop yourself personally and professionally.
4. Develop your network
In addition to your placements, you’ll become part of the On Purpose community, connecting and collaborating with alumni and our powerful international network of impact-driven professionals and organisations.
Earn while you learn:
The Associate Programme is unique in providing our Associates with a gross salary of £2,000 per month to support your participation and value the important work you’ll do.
How the Associate Programme can transform your career:
90% of our Associates continue working to create social and environmental impact after the programme.
With almost 1000 Associates and Fellows who’ve completed the programme, our alumni are now leading change in organisations all across the world. Our alumni have gone on to take roles in all parts of the system, including a former music label business owner now the CEO of Hubbub, a former Consultant now Managing Director of Divine Chocolate, and a former Marketer at Google now Head of Europe for Terra.Do.
Who we’re looking for:
Specific sector/ industry experience is not important. We’re looking for talented people from diverse industries who have a determination to bring their skills and experience to purpose-driven projects and to driving systemic change.
You should apply if you:
- Have a minimum of equivalent to three years full-time professional experience and the right to work in the UK
- Are able to communicate with fluency in English
- Have worked in an office environment and completed tasks requiring some complexity
- Are genuinely excited about building a career that helps transform our economy from profit to purpose
- Can drive forward and manage projects and turn ideas into reality
- Are persistent, and know when to compromise or to involve others when working towards a goal
- Are persuasive, good at inspiring others and have some experience of dealing with conflict or sensitive situations
- Are pragmatic, self-sufficient and are energised by new experiences or changing situations
- Can break down problems into solvable elements whilst not losing sight of the big picture
- Are relatively comfortable with numbers and quantitative analysis
It would be nice if you had experience in some (not all) of the following:
- Managing stakeholders and partners
- Project management
- Strategy development
- Analysis or research
- Business development
We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences and people often under-represented in the impact sector. This includes people with disabilities, and people from all ethnicities, gender identities, sexualities, religions and cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
Curious to find out more?
Register your interest in the programme and we’ll share more information on how to apply. To apply you’ll just need to submit your CV and answer four questions about your skills, work experience and why you’d like to join the programme.
- Apply by our early deadline of Sunday 2 October, 11:59 pm (BST) to receive an exclusive invite to one of our community drinks events and connect with current Associates and the team.
- Final application deadline: Monday 23 October, 9:00 am (BST).
- Interviews are scheduled to take place in mid-late November.
- Programme kick-off: April 2024.
We’re also recruiting fluent French and German speakers for our Associate Programmes in Paris and Berlin.
Follow us on LinkedIn and Instagram to discover more about our vibrant community, Associate and Fellow stories, and the impact we create.
Apply now and join us on our mission to create a healthy economy! There has never been a more important time to do so.