Program Associate, EJN
Skoll World Forum
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Under the supervision of the Executive Director-Earth Journalism Network the Program Associate, Earth Journalism Network performs administrative and program support tasks, including assisting with grant administration and project management, monitoring and evaluation activities and communications tasks as needed. The Program Associate, Earth Journalism Network is an entry-level administrative support position with the EJN team and will be expected to perform tasks requiring prior experience, education, and/or training.
Internews has US offices in Arcata, CA and Washington, DC which support a hybrid workforce with staff working remotely, fully in-office, or partially remote. This is a remote based role, and candidates based anywhere in the United States will be considered.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
This is a limited-duration position, with an expected term of 12 months.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people . Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Support the onboarding of grantees, tracking and administration of grants, stipends, fellowships and other program activities.
- Plan and manage logistics for in-person activities, which may include, but is not limited to visa application support, airfare and lodging requests, and liaising with team members to coordinate travel.
- Assist with online event operations, including providing technical support, organizing registration and inviting speakers.
- Monitor the EJN general inquiries inbox and potentially other inboxes by responding to queries and providing technical support where needed.
- A requested, assist with EJN media research projects, including surveys and interviews of members, engaging and providing technical and administrative support to academics and researchers, and preparing and reviewing reports.
- Support the judging of grant and Fellowship proposals by reviewing applications and interviewing applicants.
- Assist with monitoring and evaluation activities, including tracking and reviewing analytics, collecting data, conducting surveys and drafting reports.
- Assist with the management of specific projects, including helping to supervise specific activities with partners and grantees in the field and potentially mentoring grantees.
- Support EJN’s communications team with tasks as needed, including drafting content for social media platforms, email campaigns, newsletters and website.
- There may be further opportunities to get involved with various tasks depending on the candidate’s skillset and preference.
- In all duties, uphold Internews’ Core Values and demonstrate commitment to fostering a culture of Belonging, Dignity, and Justice.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- University degree or equivalent lived/professional experience in international affairs, media development, journalism, or a related field.
- Understanding of the media landscape and ability to think out of the box on ways we can support it going forward.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong interest in environmental and climate change issues.
- Familiarity with Windows operating environment; previous experience with tools such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Teams an asset.
- Experience with Zoom or another online events program.
Note: Candidates who do not have these preferred qualifications, but who are interested and willing to learn, are encouraged to apply.
- Some administrative or project management experience preferred.
- Some writing, editorial and/or copy-editing experience preferred.
- Some experience working on environment or climate change issues preferred.
- Proven ability to operate in a multicultural and remote work environment.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment.
The annual salary range for this position is US $50,800 – US $63,500.