Armenia: IT Specialist
Skoll World Forum
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The IT Specialist will be tasked with IT operations and services in the Armenian office and will work closely, cooperatively, and proactively with the Armenian Chief of Party, and the Internews Technology Solutions & Services team. The IT Specialist must be comfortable working under challenging deadlines. Internally, the IT Specialist works with end users to clarify, analyze, and resolve reported issues. The IT Specialist also works with external service providers, as required, to resolve escalated infrastructure issues. Closely following procedures and policies established by the Internews Technology Solutions & Services (TSS) team is a must for the IT Specialist.
This role will be based in Yerevan, Armenia.
This is a part time,limited-duration position, with an expected end date of March 15, 2028.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so interested candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations, and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
IT Service Operations
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes, identifying problems, evaluating trends, and anticipating requirements.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective action.
- Provides coaching and training to ICT staff and users. Drafts procedures and instructions to promote a better understanding of the use of ICT equipment.
- Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery, back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
Acts as first point of IT Support contact for all Internews staff across Armenia.
- Ensures network access, backup system and security are maintained at a high standard to ensure the integrity of the Internews network is not compromised.
- Troubleshoots system and network problems.
- Manages operations between Internet service provider (ISP) and the organization.
- Diagnoses and resolves hardware or software faults.
- Ensures timely repair of hardware faults and software configuration problems.
- Monitors performance of Internews Armenian’s IT systems and networks, including VSAT services, to ensure issues are appropriately prevented, escalated, and resolved.
- Regularly reviews and evaluates office and users’ equipment and recommends replacement, enhancement and repair as needed, following Internews procedures and standards in collaboration with the Internews Technology Solutions & Services team.
- Promotes a culture of service excellence and continued improvement within the TSS department.
- Maintains and develops excellent working relationships with all staff.
- Implements help desk tools/solutions in line with user requirements and develops necessary measures to prevent frequent outages.
- Undertakes other tasks or assignments within their areas of competence as directed by supervisor.
- Works in close collaboration with the Global TSS team to roll out, maintain and enforce company-wide IT procedures, policies, and services.
- Deploys PCs and associated peripherals, including new installations and redeploying existing equipment as needed.
Performs preventative maintenance on ICT equipment.
- Installs and configures operating systems to agreed standards.
Installs and configures authorized software to agreed standards.
- Maintains existing ICT equipment, performs upgrades and new installations, and carries out routine procedures.
- Compiles and maintains an accurate inventory of hardware and software.
Departmental Administration & People Skills
- Assists with tracking software, hardware, and licensing inventory for the Armenian office. Must be able to complete detailed data entry on a consistent basis.
- Provides strong written and verbal communications to domestic and international colleagues.
- Manages crisis situations using excellent communication with affected staff and management.
- Actively participates in testing of new software and hardware as required.
- In all duties, uphold Internews’ Core Values and demonstrate commitment to fostering a culture of Belonging, Dignity, and Justice.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, relevant qualification from a recognized institution, or equivalent lived/professional experience.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in IT support, service, and operation management.
- ITIL certification to the V3 Foundation level at a minimum.
- Demonstrated basic professional knowledge of Windows servers, networking, Internet technologies, office applications, and common hardware and peripherals.
- Attention to detail and strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to follow procedures precisely and thoroughly.
Ability to maintain detailed and accurate records.
- Ability to assist other employees in use of various technologies.
- Ability to investigate issues and requirements; identity and prioritize appropriate solutions.
- Ability to manage own workload.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Capable of working well under pressure.
- Enthusiasm to continue learning.
- Excellent people skills.
- Integrity and commitment to producing results.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills