Senior Grants Finance Manager
Skoll World Forum
Job Title: Senior Grants Finance Manager
Supervisor: Chief Financial Officer
Location: Colombia or El Salvador
Start Date: ASAP
Contract: Full-Time Employee
Acceso (www.acceso.org) is a social enterprise that is revolutionizing food systems in Latin America and the Caribbean to put smallholder farmers first. Acceso’s mission is to create fundamental and lasting positive economic change in the lives of rural smallholder farming families. Our entrepreneurial model provides smallholder farmers with a sustainable way to participate in formalized markets, enabling them to work themselves out of poverty with dignity and to prosper. Acceso currently operates a portfolio of three social businesses in Colombia, Haiti, and El Salvador and an agtech tool (Extensio) founded in Mexico. Across our agribusinesses, we have impacted more than 26,000 smallholder farmers and farm workers, generating more than $60m in farmer income to date.
About this role:
We are seeking a Senior Grants Finance Manager to join our growing Finance team and oversee grants administration across Acceso’s global portfolio of programs. The Senior Grants Finance Manager will be responsible for preparing Acceso’s internal grants management systems for scale and building processes for more efficient allocation and tracking of costs across multiple countries and projects. Our ideal candidate is excited about process design, standardization, and improvement. This hire will work closely with Acceso’s CFO, provide support to our field office Finance teams, and serve as an expert in donor financial reporting requirements.
1. Grants Management
- Develop and maintain grants tracking system in Netsuite and other project management tools to ensure timely and accurate reporting of donor-restricted grant funding.
- Review historic grant receipts and organize documentation in Sharepoint.
- Perform grant-related post-award functions, including budget and expense analysis, periodic invoicing, financial reporting, salary allocations, reconciliations, budget revisions, and grant closeout functions.
- Manage monthly allocations of staff and other expenses to multiple projects across several countries.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports to donors as required, as well as for internal management purposes.
- Work with the CFO on cash flow forecasts for programs.
- Prepare and distribute periodic invoices for project reimbursement.
- Collaborate with development team and appropriate country office staff to develop forecasts, budgets, and budget revisions for projects.
- Communicate monthly financial results with appropriate staff, informing them of the financial position of relevant projects.
- Ensure compliance of grants with donor rules and regulations.
2. Team Support
- Train and provide ongoing technical assistance to field office finance staff and program partners on best practices for financial management systems in order to increase capacity.
- Support field teams in preparation for, and during, audits. Occasional travel to field sites when needed.
- Support teams in donor due diligence visits. Occasional travel to field sites when needed.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience managing restricted and/or complex grants.
- Prior experience managing multiple donor-restricted grants, preferably with USAID, GAC, or similar multilaterals.
- Systems thinker with strong aptitude for process design and improvement.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Passion and commitment to social impact and improving the lives of smallholder farmers.
- Entrepreneurial attitude with an adaptive work style. You thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability and discipline to work remotely with a multi-national team.
- Detail-oriented and meticulously organized.
- Collaborative team player with an ‘it can be done’ mindset.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time to Acceso’s markets in LATAM and the Caribbean.
- Working fluency in Spanish and English. French or Haitian Creole a plus.
To apply, please submit your CV/Resume and Cover Letter (all in English) via the application form on our website:
For more information about Acceso and careers with us, please visit Acceso.org/careers.
Acceso is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.