Skoll World Forum
Please apply here: https://grnh.se/cf2eaa2a1us
Dimagi is an award-winning social enterprise and a certified B Corp and Benefit Corporation. Our primary product, CommCare, is the most widely-deployed open-source digital platform for enabling Frontline Workers. Since 2002, Governments and organizations across all sectors have built customized mobile, web, and SMS applications on CommCare to deliver services to underserved populations. Dimagi is more than a tech company. We are an impact-first team of compassionate people from all parts of the world and all walks of life, dedicated to using business as a force for good in global health and development.
About USH Division
US Health (USH) division’s mission is to create sustainable impact by building technology solutions to address public health challenges in the United States. USH leverages expertise in project delivery, technology, and partnerships to design digital systems and tools that have the potential to radically improve public health outcomes.
About the Position
Dimagi is seeking a Proposal Manager to join our US Health division to support coordination and response to competitive bids and RFX (e.g., requests for proposals and requests for information). The Proposal Manager will work with the USH Partnership’s team to secure new opportunities for Dimagi in the United States. This position will be affiliated with our office in Cambridge, MA, but is open to remote employment within the US.
The Proposal Manager will join the USH Partnerships team, reporting to the Director of Partnerships, focused mainly on the US government market. The US Health team comprises passionate technologists, project managers, and public health experts designing digital systems to support public health programs and improve health outcomes across the United States. We are proud to support vital healthcare initiatives – including behavioral health interventions and working with community-based organizations. This role will support the team’s work responding to RFX opportunities in the US market over the channel lifecycle, from identification to submission.
This role will be at the forefront of identifying and securing new projects and partnerships for our US Health division. We are looking for thoughtful, impact-driven candidates with strong writing and project management skills to execute the delivery of proposals from start to finish.
- Coordinate the lifecycle of responses to RFX opportunities in the US market, from identification to submission, with support from the Partnerships team.
- Review potential opportunities, write succinct but informative opportunity summaries and suggest to the team which to prioritize for response.
- Draft responses and facilitate reviews, gathering input on positioning from team members like technical experts, marketing leads, and USH leadership.
- Follow established operational processes and suggest regular improvements to ensure the efficiency and success of the RFX responses, for example, tracking RFX opportunities in review, setting writing and review processes, and creating reusable content.
- Support research related to potential RFX opportunities and customers to offer input to the team around strategic positioning for each proposal.
- Interface with other Dimagi teams around RFX work, including legal support, security and technical support, and support from Dimagi app builders developing demonstration applications to show interested clients.
- Support general Partnerships activities, including networking at industry events, participating in external calls with strategic clients, and general operational needs.
- Flexibility to adapt Partnerships responsibilities as needs arise, both from our team as well as in response to the US Health market.
At the core of this position, we are looking for a collaborative and curious team member. For that reason, please consider the following requirements listed as general “guidelines” vs. strict qualifications:
- 2+ years of professional experience in business development, communications, or a similar role.
- Knowledge of and interest in responding to competitive opportunities (RFPs, RFIs, etc.) for business and/or grants.
- Excellent writing skills and intuitive strategic positioning – You know how to connect the dots and write in a way that helps others see what you see.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – Able to work cross-functionally across teams, keeping stakeholders apprised of plans and performance.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Experience with project management, internal or external.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field such as Information, Public Health, Communications, or Journalism
- B2B business development or sales experience in the healthcare technology, social impact, or Software-as-a-Service space
- Experience or education in US healthcare technology, public health, government services, policy, etc.
Benefits and Compensation
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company but also as an employer. We are transparent about salaries at all levels of the organization and have a standard, global pay scale for all positions. Our salaries are cost of living adjusted and non-negotiable. The estimated salary range for this position is USD 55,100 to 85,544 USD annually. Your final salary within the range will be dependent on where you are geographically based and might fall outside of this estimated range.
The benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well-being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance paired with a generous Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) fund
- Access to voluntary dental and vision insurance plans
- A 401K plan with up to a 4% employer match
- Employee stock option plan
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays
- Unlimited sick time and excellent parental leave policy
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Professional Development Benefit
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application or interview process for a posted position, please contact us at 617-604-2123 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your request.