People Innovations Senior Specialist
One Acre Fund
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
One Acre Fund aspires to be an organization in which every staff member has a fair opportunity to grow their career. Here, we appreciate that an equitable and fair performance culture doesn't happen accidentally; we must intentionally nourish the potential of our thousands-member team as they devote themselves to making smallholder farmers in Africa more prosperous..
We’re looking for a dynamic individual who is equal parts people- and analysis-obsessed, with a record of creating efficient, data-first tools. You will oversee excellent operational execution while driving people-related projects across our global people team. You will support the team in creating efficiency and reducing waste by identifying process bottlenecks and implementing process improvements. You will report to our Performance Management Lead and be a part of making One Acre Fund an employer of choice.
- You will take care of One Acre Fund's greatest asset — its people — by providing equitable, inclusive, and customer-centric people services
- You'll support and implement Global People strategic improvements interventions at the global and country level. One of your major focuses will be to support performance management at One Acre Fund.
- You'll be the point for staff questions to increase staff satisfaction and team efficiency.
- You'll generate impactful work from a pipeline of important People projects, managing 1-2 projects at any given time. Examples include: strengthening performance review process; embedding a culture of continuous feedback, or improving our payroll process to support the equitable growth of our team.
- You'll promote Global People priorities by using data to draw insights on One Acre Fund’s people priorities for leadership teams.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 2+ years of experience in dynamic people roles. Experience in operations/admin, HR consulting, talent management, management consulting, organizational development, or change management is a plus.
- Genuine passion for people, shaping performance culture and change management.
- Experience managing large projects in diverse organizations e.g. managing system changes, multi-team coordination, complex communication plans.
- Experience analyzing complex data for leadership to help them make better People-related decisions
- Exceptional productivity and independence to hit targets and achieve results, including working through others.
- You will demonstrate ownership, and initiative to improve all aspects of our work
- Humility and receptiveness to feedback: you will combine technical skills with friendliness, patience, and humility.
- Language: Fluent English required; Swahili, Kinyarwanda, and/or French a plus
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya
12 May 2024
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.