Nigeria Communications Specialist
One Acre Fund
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
You will manage communication and visibility strategies that support our Nigeria program. You will build relationships with relevant partners in the public, private and non-profit sectors, including potential donors, to build networks and unlock opportunities for program growth in Nigeria. You will support in driving policy advocacy strategies leading to impact for farmers and de-risking our program.
This is a full-time job. You will report to the Government Relations and Partnerships lead based in Abuja.
- Communications Strategy Design & Implementation
- You will develop a communications strategy for engaging with partners at different levels.
- You will organize and coordinate brand building and networking events.
- Produce communications materials to engage important contacts and keep them informed of our work, including quarterly reports, briefing notes, media engagements and official written correspondence.
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Support the scoping of partnerships and networks for the Nigerian program.
- Create a database and dashboard of relevant stakeholders and partners in Nigeria.
- Engage with partners in the public and private sector with a view to deepening and broadening. One Acre Fund's networks at the state and federal level, as well as supporting our expansion efforts.
- Policy Advocacy
- Research policies, regulations, programs, and political developments relevant to field operations in Nigeria
- Analyze policies and make recommendations to leadership to de-risk our operations.
- Map and identify policy opportunities, gaps and risks at the state and federal levels and make recommendations to leadership
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- A first degree in communication, marketing, development studies, political science, law or any relevant area. Candidates with training in communications and policy will be given additional consideration.
- Work experience in NGO, business or consulting environments, especially work planning and executing on task.
- At least 2 years experience managing government or partner relationships.
- At least 2 years experience producing communication materials for stakeholders engagement.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in research and report writing.
- Collaborative approach; ability to work across many different departments.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Abuja, Nigeria with travel across project locations
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Nigeria
09 April 2024.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.