Rwanda Procurement Contracts Coordinator
One Acre Fund
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
The Global Procurement teams oversee over $10M in spending each year across over 15,000 transactions and manage all operational goods and service purchasing on behalf of over 1M smallholder farmers.
You will support standardized processes and cut over 5% of purchasing costs via contracting and upstream supplier sourcing. You will report to the Procurement Associate, lead strategic sourcing initiatives with contracts and long-term agreements, ensuring cross-departmental engagement and internal client satisfaction.
- Contract and Supplier Performance management
- Coordinate the supplier contracting process, ensuring high-quality contracts from drafting to signature.
- Conduct market research for trends and advise management on contracting risks, anticipated price changes, and supplier capabilities.
- Manage contract life cycles and ensure the competitiveness of long-term contracts through periodic analysis, negotiation, renewal, and cancellation.
- Forecast and Sourcing
- Coordinate the annual planning of internal department purchase needs through needs collection and data analysis.
- Review annual spending, identify high-spend categories, and develop sourcing strategies.
- Identify and lead cost-saving opportunities aligned with sourcing strategies and projects.
- Guide and support the purchasing team in determining the most effective ways to source large-value and quantity purchases.
- Process Optimisation:
- Evaluate and streamline procurement processes to enhance efficiency and cost reduction.
- Identify and assess potential risks in the procurement process and develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations, procedures, and ethical standards, with a focus on contract management.
- Maintain accurate records of procurement activities, contracts, and supplier performance.
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Build enduring relationships with key suppliers, ensuring adherence to quality, performance, and ethical standards.
- Negotiate supplier contracts, terms, and conditions to secure favorable agreements while minimising risks.
- Build communication platforms with internal departments to understand their procurement needs.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 3 years of work experience in a related field.
- You must look for alternative solutions to problems.
- Experience collaborating and coordinating with other teams and departments.
- Project management experience.
- Data analysis skills.
- Languages: English and Kinyarwanda
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Rwanda
06 January 2024
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.