Rwanda Finance Reporting Lead
One Acre Fund
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
The Financial Reporting Lead oversees financial reporting activities, analyzes financial data, and ensures accuracy and compliance with accounting standards and organization policies.
You will report to the Rwanda Director of Finance and Strategy, and work with the Rwanda Financial Forecasting Lead, and Rwanda Country Leadership, to report on our historical results. You will join a growing Financial Advisory Services team based in Kigali, Rwanda
- Financial reporting and management
- Manage the financial close process to ensure completeness and accuracy of the numbers reported
- Implement analytical techniques to interpret variances, trends, and financial risks, proposing corrective actions and recommendations to the Rwanda Finance Committee and Steering Committee.
- Lead the reporting of impact, touchpoints and farmers numbers.
- Track spend for incremental grants.
- Manage compliance process
- Manage invoicing between One Acre Fund CBC and TUBURA CBC ensuring accuracy and compliance (tax and VAT).
- Oversee EBM invoicing process, ensuring financial and tax compliance across all revenue streams.
- Manage annual financial reporting process
- Lead the annual financial reporting process for the Rwanda program with the Compliance and Accounting teams observing applicable accounting standards and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with Accounting teams, external auditors, and other partners to ensure accurate completion of the annual financial reporting process.
- Manage Business Partner function, for assigned Departments
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 2+ years of work experience as a financial analyst, or similar.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (specifically, advanced formulas, pivot tables and charts).
- Knowledge of accounting best practices and regulations.
- Degree in degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field.
- Intention to study toward an accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA).
- Fluency in English (verbal and written).
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
05 March 2024
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.