Europe Business Development Manager
One Acre Fund
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
One Acre Fund is looking for a Senior Fundraising & Partnerships Manager to join our Business Development team. The Europe Business Development Manager will take over existing relationships of Dutch and other European based donors. You will convert these relationships to concrete funding opportunities and expand this portfolio over time. You will report to the Europe Director of Business Development and independently develop a pipeline of new partnership opportunities.
- In collaboration with the Europe business development team, contribute to strategic engagement of European philanthropic partners to support One Acre Fund's growth goals.
- New lead development and relationship-building
- Build new relationships to identify and pursue new funding opportunities. You will identify and build relationships with new donors in the Netherlands and nearby markets such as the UK and Germany.
- In close collaboration with the writing team develop compelling pitches and proposals that maximize earned revenue.
- Manage grant funding and steward relationships to guarantee a pathway to renewals.
- Cross team collaboration
- Collaborate with Business Development colleagues and field programs to maximize strategic opportunities with philanthropic partners.
- Lead on co-creation of new grant proposals with field leads.
- A spokesperson for the farmers
- One Acre Fund contributes to global discussions around agricultural development. You will:
- Represent us at relevant events in the Netherlands and other European countries.
- Identify and pursue additional opportunities to advance our reputation in the Netherlands and other European countries.
- Support with coordination of specific tasks related to the One Acre Stichting in collaboration with the Europe Director of Business Development and the One Acre Stitching Board of Trustees.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Speak the language of business and have previous fundraising experience. Our donors are looking for someone with business fluency (communicates in financial sustainability, return on investment, impact per donor dollar).
- Existing networks in the philanthropic community. You can use past relationships to develop a pipeline of new partnerships.
- Experience in the international development or social sector.
- Ability to travel regionally for in-person donor meetings or networking opportunities, roughly 20% of the time.
- Language: Dutch and English fluency required.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Netherlands or EU.
06 March 2024
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.