Head of Tubura Strategy
One Acre Fund
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
The Head of Tubura Strategy will create and drive the vision for generating farmer impact, creating a profitable sales and marketing strategy across multiple channels, and ensuring that our services reach as many unique clients as possible. This work will reach more than 700,000 Rwandan smallholder farmer households a year. You will serve Rwandan farmers by being an important figure within the Tubura team and a supportive deputy to the TUBURA Managing Director, who will be your manager. You will likely have 3 direct reports, and oversee a broader team of ~20 individuals.
- Coordinate the development of an annual tactical strategy that details the main strategic priorities and annual OKRs & KPIs that puts Tubura on a path to its 3 year financial and impact goals for the whole TUBURA department
- Lead the strategic design for a multi-channel sales and impact plan ( i.e. shop, field, nurseries etc) and diversified customer approach among relevant stakeholders
- Support the Impact Team Lead in developing both an annual and multi-year impact strategy quantifying the impact interventions and their contribution to overall impact per farmer.
- Lead team in setting up systems and processes that integrate products into Tubura for scale across various farmer-facing channels, including agents model, FO sales, year-round sales, cash sales, and shops
- Set client acquisition targets through our various channel offerings to reach TUBURA client and sales goals that aligns with budget
- Cultivate a productive and caring team culture that exemplifies Tubura values and the organization’s culture code
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 5+ years experience in management consulting, project and partner management.
- Manage 2+ direct reports and multi-layer teams.
- 3+ years of experience in one of our countries of operation, with any field-facing work being additionally advantageous.
- Technical skills include: Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and data analysis, collaboration, strategy design, budget management, and experience assessing a project's Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT).
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in Kinyarwanda is advantageous.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Kigali, Rwanda (On-site)
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
24 January 2024
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.