Investor Relations Specialist
One Acre Fund
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
One Acre Fund relies on grant funding to support our operational deficit, but also takes on debt to finance working capital needs. You will support the Investor Relations team at One Acre Fund, which manages our debt needs, identifies and grows relationships with lenders, and does several cash flow modeling to inform borrowing decisions. The Investor Relations (IR) team is based in NY, USA and Kigali, Rwanda. You will report directly to the Kigali-based Investor Relations Senior Specialist, and interact with the US-based team members remotely
- Loan Compliance and Reporting: You will help prepare reports required by lenders (quarterly financial reports, annual questionnaires, etc.). You will also manage the department's processes including interest payments, accounting reconciliations, and administrative support when signing new loans.
- Lender Relationship Management Support and Due Diligence: You will prepare financial information and summaries about One Acre Fund's operations for lenders to support due diligence and proposals submissions.
- Analytical Special Projects: You will support data analysis and financial modeling projects.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Ability to consolidate information in a clear way in emails, memo and questionnaires, to help lenders understand One Acre Fund’s operations.
- Knowledge of financial modelling using Excel and complex formulas (e.g: Index, Match, SUMIFS, Lookups)
- 2 years of experience in a Finance or Accounting position. Exposure to financial statement analysis.
- Top performing education background in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration or pursuing an Accounting Certification e.g: ACCA/CPA.
- Language requirement: English
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Kigali, Rwanda or Nairobi/Kakamega, Kenya
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Rwanda and Kenya.
29 November 2023.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.