Rwanda Procurement Contracts Intern
One Acre Fund
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Young Professionals Program
One Acre Fund’s Young Professionals Program offers high-performing African graduates meaningful internships and training opportunities at a high-performing, mission-driven organization. Our internships are paid and all interns can expect to receive substantive work assignments working on high-impact projects that support One Acre Fund's operations.
When joining, interns will participate in an onboarding program and receive training on how to design and execute projects. Over the period of your internship, you will get the opportunity to work with like-minded individuals and receive learning opportunities to build strong foundations for your future career.
About the Role
The Global Procurement teams oversee over $10M in spending each year across over 15,000 transactions and manage all operational goods and service purchasing on behalf of over 1M smallholder farmers. You will support standardized processes and create over 5% of purchasing cost out of the system through contracting and upstream supplier sourcing. You will report to the Contract Coordinator, implement important projects to improve quality, and improve cycle time, resulting in internal clients satisfaction.
- Forecast and Tender Management
- Run tenders and establish contracts for assigned item/service categories.
- Improve existing contracting and tendering processes to improve efficiency, and customer service.
- Set target prices for all items before contracting, align with the relevant partners, and negotiate prices to achieve the target or below.
- Contract Planning & Management
- Monitor contract expiry and renewal dates.
- Measure cost-savings achieved through contracts.
- Support the contracting process from drafting to signature when requested by team members or internal client departments.
- Supplier Management and Performance Evaluation
- Manage supplier meeting calendars to minimize supply challenges by meeting with top suppliers.
- Create supplier performance reports, rank by performance, and create performance improvement plans for poor performing suppliers.
- Ensure supplier contractual commitments are respected, in particular, coordinating payments.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we deeply invest in our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training, and regular feedback on your performance. We’ll hold career reviews every one-three months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and gain rewarding technical experience.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Strong language and communication skills.
- Attention to details.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Languages, or any other related field.
- Project management experience is desirable.
- Experience in contract management is desirable.
- 6+ months of work experience in Supply Chain, Business Administration or any other related field.
- Language: English and Kinyarwanda required.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Interns will be provided with a reasonable stipend for the duration of their contract. Rural area based fellows will be provided assistance in locating suitable housing.
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Rwanda
06 October 2023. We hire on a rolling basis which means that applications are reviewed and processed on a continuous basis until a hire is made.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.