Zambia Business Operations Specialist
One Acre Fund
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
The Business Operations Specialist will provide data and systems leadership. The role directly manages a team of 4 data entry and case investigation officers. Design data capture tools and data flow processes to support decision-making. You will ensure that captured data is accurate by conducting routine checks; make sure that data is available to all partners in the requested formats to meet evolving our needs. You will report directly to the Deputy Country Manager.
- Develop and document tools needed for program data management.
- Conduct data and tools quality checks and implement corrective actions.
- Manage execution of the Business Operations sub-functions including Client Engagement, Client Data Management and Audit and Case investigations
- People management and development. You will have 3 - 4 direct reports with room for expansion.
- Set departmental and growth objectives.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 3-5 years of experience in technical data management, scripting and data analysis.
- People management and capacity development experience.
- Language: English required
- Fluency in excel: maintain complex spreadsheets and perform complex functions
- Kobo and/or coding experience will be an added advantage
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Zambia
16 November 2023
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.