Tupande Supply Planning Lead
One Acre Fund
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
You will be focused on ensuring the smooth and efficient flow of products and materials within our supply chain. This will be achieved by developing and executing supply plans that align with demand forecasts, optimizing inventory levels, and coordinating with multiple teams.. The main objectives include striking a balance between maintaining sufficient inventory and minimizing excess stock, meeting customer service levels by preventing stock-outs, enhancing supply chain efficiency through process improvements, and mitigating risks by monitoring inventory levels. You will report to the Sourcing Manager.
- Create comprehensive supply plans aligned with demand forecasts, considering lead times, inventory targets and customer service levels.
- Analyze demand patterns and market trends to optimize inventory levels, establishing safety stock levels, reorder points, and effective replenishment strategies.
- Proactively adjust supply plans in response to changing demand to prevent stock-outs or excess inventory situations, ensuring optimal inventory management, including stop ship management in collaboration with inventory and product quality specialist.
- Coordinate with the sourcing and fleet teams to improve transportation cost, minimizing lead times, and closely tracking delivery performance.
- Help develop and implement standard operating procedures and best practices within the supply planning function, enhancing efficiency and consistency.
- Participate in Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) meetings, providing valuable insights and updates on supply planning activities.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Bachelor's Degree, in Business, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, applied mathematics, systems engineering, or operations management
- 3-5 + years of work experience in a retail, planning, stock management or similar role
- Broad understanding of logistics, allocation, retail operations, and online sales.
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work and enthusiasm for learning
- Stakeholder management and project management skills.
- Language: Fluent English required. Knowledge of Swahili or regional Kenyan languages
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya
24 October 2023
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.