Global Risk Manager
One Acre Fund
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
One Acre Fund requires a solid risk management and internal control system to ensure good stewardship of donor capital. The risk manager role will build on our already strong control environment, broadening it to include a full understanding of enterprise wide risk.
- Manage and monitor financial risks
- Ensure One Acre Fund has a solid system of internal controls
- Lead a team of 15+ staff (2 direct reports) as they conduct financial control and risk management audits across our operating countries
- Report key findings from the above to management and board and work with the risk owners to develop solutions to manage the identified risks and internal control gaps.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, we are seeking someone with 5-7+ progressive risk management which may include time spent in internal audit. You are encouraged to apply if you have:
- Thorough understanding of policies and best practices of risk management.
- Knowledge of financial risk management and internal controls as it pertains to a retail oriented, consumer facing and / or agriculturally focused organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and team building skills
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Rwanda
13 September 2023
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.