DRC Strategy and Research Associate/Manager
One Acre Fund
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
One Acre Fund is hiring a Strategy and Research Analyst to join a growing team working on assessing the possibility for One Acre Fund to launch a program aiming to reduce deforestation while improving smallholder farmers’ lives in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). You will gain exposure to a growing social enterprise and the opportunity to learn from and support a successful new venture unit. This role would be ideal for candidates with a strategy and operations background, and with rigorous research skills developed in prior professional experiences. The Analyst role will report into the NCE lead for DRC.
- You will conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis to help strengthen our understanding of a problem, assess opportunities, and to build relevant interventions
- You will provide succinct and actionable recommendations to field, leadership, and global teams
- You will build effective financial models to assess investment opportunities and define future budget needs
- You will coordinate projects with global teams based in Kigali and in Nairobi
- You will draft memos and prepare presentations to increase visibility of the team’s work both internally and externally
- You will lead different administrative tasks associated with establishing a One Acre Fund presence in a new country (e.g. legal entity application)
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Management consulting experience or a proven track record of solving complex, ambiguous problems in a structured way.
- 3+ years of relevant professional work experience in the field of innovation, food security, or business/management consulting
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a relevant field
- An ability to identify what matters and communicate that clearly and concisely, as well as create insights and inform recommendations
- Language: fluency in French and English. Knowledge of Lingala or Kikongo is an added advantage.
- A general sense of adventure: new country expansion team members travel a lot and go to places where programs are not yet setup. A positive attitude and a willingness to take on new challenges is essential.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Kinshasa (DRC) with regular travels to Western provinces
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
6 months, renewable
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
We are hiring on a rolling basis.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.