Head of Product
Join Our Mission
Nexleaf Analytics is a purpose-driven technology non-profit that partners with low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) to safeguard the health of their populations. Our products are used in more than 25 countries across Africa and Asia, protecting the infrastructure for vaccine supply chains. One in ten children born each year receive vaccines protected by our technology.
Having successfully pioneered the use of remote-temperature monitoring (RTM) for vaccine cold-chain equipment, Nexleaf is poised to expand its impact significantly in 2024 and beyond. Data on the performance and utilization of medical equipment is becoming increasingly available, but countries are struggling to integrate and apply this data for action. Nexleaf envisions a ‘Connected Clinic’, where information flows across administrative levels, leading to transparency, accountability, trust, and ultimately, better health outcomes. We believe this approach is the only way to move past systems driven by donor priorities to ones led by Ministries of Health that best serve their people. We have strong evidence that our approach to monitoring vaccine supply chains is equally welcome and needed in other areas, such as medical and laboratory equipment, blood and insulin supply, and electrification.
Nexleaf is looking for a seasoned Head of Product to spearhead the development of our flagship software offering, ColdTrace. Reporting to the CEO, they will work closely with the Executive Team to craft the product vision and strategy, as well as hold responsibility for the day-to-day execution of the product roadmap. This is a versatile role which will require operating at multiple altitudes and in multiple contexts. The Head of Product will lead a team of three product managers, one product associate, and one designer. They will partner with a talented team of engineers, as well as champion cross-functional collaboration across Nexleaf. The Product team will work closely with our Program and Customer Teams to design intuitive, practical and integrated solutions to the unique challenges Nexleaf is working to solve.
Our ideal candidate possesses extensive experience in low- and middle-income countries, particularly in Africa and/or Asia. They have a passion for listening and learning, seeking insight from various sources, including interviews, user testing, product data streams, and informal conversations.
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!
What You’ll Do
- Develop and execute a comprehensive product vision, strategy, and roadmap aligned with the organization’s strategic objectives
- Lead and mentor a small team of globally-distributed product managers and designers, fostering a culture of analytical rigor, innovation, and collaboration
- Oversee the entire product lifecycle, from ideation to launch, ensuring timely delivery and high-quality products
- Partner with engineering to implement and optimize product development processes and rituals, and ensure that engineers are set up for success with high-quality requirements and guidance
- Conduct user research and analysis to identify market trends and customer needs and understand the competitive landscape, leveraging insights to inform priorities
- Build strong, productive, collaborative relationships with cross-functional partners, including engineering and customer success, to inform and align on product priorities
- Define and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure product success and contribute to data-driven decision-making
- Proactively communicate internally and externally to ensure stakeholders have the appropriate updates and information
- Represent Nexleaf and its solutions at global forums, conferences, and events
- Champion continuous improvement initiatives, implementing best practices and fostering a culture of innovation within the product team
Given the collaborative nature of this role and the global reach of our team, flexibility in work hours is essential. The successful candidate should anticipate working within a flexible schedule accommodating various time zones. The primary working hours, depending on the candidates locations, are expected to fall between 7 am to 4 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) or 1 pm to 9 pm East Africa Time (EAT). This flexibility enables ample opportunity for coaching, collaboration, and seamless interaction with team members across different geographical locations, ensuring robust support and driving collective success.