Head of Strategic Partnerships
Nexleaf is a purpose driven organization that partners with countries to ensure they have the data they need to build lasting solutions that improve the health of people. We are committed to transforming global health systems using data-driven insights, and our technology is in use in over 25 low and middle income countries across Africa and Asia, monitoring the vaccines for 1 in 11 children born each year.
We are looking for a Head of Strategic Partnerships & Communications who will lead the department and play a critical role in advancing our mission and achieving our ambitious goals. This role will involve identifying, cultivating, and managing partnerships with external organizations to drive our growth and impact as well as overseeing the communications function, ensuring that our message and impact reach the intended audiences. This will be a highly collaborative role, working closely with teams across the organization as well as our external partners and customers. The ideal candidate is a seasoned leader, has a strategic mindset, exceptional relationship-building skills, and experience communicating with diverse audiences. Reporting to the CEO, this role will oversee a small team and will collaborate closely with stakeholders across the organization.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Design, execute and lead the department’s strategic plan to identify and engage key partners whose priorities are aligned with Nexleaf’s mission, goals and programs
- Oversee the management of all strategic partnerships and relationships from start to finish and work across internal teams to ensure requirements for funders are met and exceeded.
- Collaborate with internal teams across the organization to identify, develop and win project-specific contracts with multilateral organizations that align with our goals and strategies.
- In partnership with the Director of Fundraising, oversee and analyze our portfolio, with the goal of solidifying existing partners and attracting new philanthropic partners.
Communications & Marketing
- Build a communication service center that produces visual and written materials to serve the organization’s diverse communication needs. In partnership with the Communications Manager, develop internal communications support to ensure departments across the organization have the high quality materials needed to communicate with the diverse audiences and stakeholders served by Nexleaf. Content includes:
- Marketing & outreach for Nexleaf
- Marketing materials to broaden awareness of our technology platform,
- Data-driven pieces to effectively communicate insights from our data,
- Technical pieces that capture the learning and insights from our work in country
- Create and oversee a compelling communications and marketing strategy that communicates Nexleaf’s goals and impact to a broad audience
- Implement and oversee Nexleafs brand positioning, ensuring consistent messaging and visual identity across various communication channels
- Expand Nexleaf’s profile and visibility by identifying and executing on key opportunities for speaking engagements and outreach opportunities for our team
- Lead our Strategic Partnerships and Communications team, bringing a coaching mindset to uplevel everyone around you and fostering a collaborative and high performing culture
- Continually iterate with the team to ensure the organizational business objectives are represented and aligned with our partnerships and communications strategies
- Create and set department goals, reporting regularly on the performance of strategic partnerships, marketing, and communications initiatives
- Establish metrics and tracking mechanisms to evaluate the success and impact of partnerships and communications efforts
- Provide guidance and support to internal teams on partnership-related matters, ensuring a consistent and coordinated approach across the organization.
- Seasoned leader with 8+ years experience designing strategy and owning outcomes across communication & marketing and partnership development.
- Demonstrated experience in external engagement, including marketing and communication with a record of success focusing on key relationships that help scale a company's footprint in targeted marketplaces.
- Experience managing, engaging, and partnering with a diverse set of external partners, with demonstrated success developing new relationships and strengthening/growing existing relationships. Experience with philanthropic institutions is a bonus.
- A powerful storyteller, with robust experience developing data-driven arguments and communicating data-driven insights. Experience incorporating and overseeing data visualization within communication pieces is a bonus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tailor messages for diverse audiences and navigate communicating with diverse audiences.
- Experience managing and holding the bar for internal and external resources to produce beautiful, engaging, effectively communicated materials.
- Highly empathetic, and able to engage and communicate with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders across Africa, Asia, the US, and Europe
- Familiarity with Global Health
- Experience leading a globally dispersed and remote team is a plus but not necessary
- Amazing start-up culture that's purpose-driven and highly collaborative
- Fully remote company, giving you the opportunity to live anywhere within the United States
- Fast-paced, high performing team focused on learning and getting better every day
- Benefits including health, retirement and generous PTO (14 holidays with 4 day weekends, 3 weeks vacation, 1 week summer break and 1 week winter break)
- Flexible work hours
- 6 weeks of parental leave
- Pet inclusive sick leave
- 401k employer matching