Business Operations & Finance Senior Manager
Location: Remote, US-based
Reports to: VP, Operations & Finance
Review of applications for this role will begin June 5th
Nexleaf is a purpose driven organization that partners with low and middle income countries to ensure they have the data they need to build lasting solutions that improve people’s health. Our core product, ColdTrace, is a remote temperature monitoring (RTM) solution and data platform for vaccine storage that collects temperature data, sends alerts to health workers when vaccine fridges are not operating properly, and provides insights to government stakeholders to make systematic improvements to cold chain performance. Nexleaf’s technology is used in over 25 countries across Africa and Asia, protecting and supporting the infrastructure required to get safe vaccines to 1 in 10 children born each year.
We are looking for a Business Operations & Finance Senior Manager who can help Nexleaf achieve organizational excellence as we scale our impact over the next three years. This role is responsible for leading and overseeing business, finance, and administrative operations at Nexleaf. Additionally, the Senior Manager will support strategic planning and high-impact special projects. They will oversee a team of two reports, an Operations & Finance Analyst and a part-time Accountant, and collaborate closely with stakeholders throughout the organization.
Nexleaf Analytics is a special place to work, and we are looking for individuals who will make it even better. The ideal candidate is driven, professional, organized, diligent, and eager to grow. Diplomacy, discretion, and good judgment are essential, as is attention to detail. Most importantly, we need someone willing to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to help Nexleaf create a healthier future for our people and our planet.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Support the development of Nexleaf's business strategy, operating model, budget, and key metrics.
- Build operational rigor, including scalable systems, to ensure Nexleaf is making rapid progress towards its five-year strategy.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive the execution of strategic initiatives and projects.
- Monitor and assess key performance indicators (KPIs) to track progress and identify areas for improvement.
- Cultivate a positive and high-performing organizational culture, building relationships with internal stakeholders, and fostering collaboration across teams.
- Ensure administrative and enabling processes are functioning efficiently and effectively.
- Conduct financial analysis and provide strategic recommendations for optimal resource allocation and decision-making.
- Monitor cash flow, liquidity, and investment strategies to ensure financial stability and sustainability.
- Oversee grant management, including budget development, financial reporting, and compliance monitoring.
- Coordinate with external auditors and regulatory bodies for timely and accurate audits and statutory reporting.
- Establish and maintain controls to safeguard assets and ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
- Manage relationships with financial institutions, vendors, and partners to optimize services and secure favorable terms.
- Support the VP Operations & Finance in presenting financial information to stakeholders, including the Board of Directors.
- Identify and implement opportunities for cost savings, revenue generation, and financial risk mitigation.
- Perform financial due diligence and feasibility assessments for partnerships, investments, or new projects.
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in owning substantial responsibilities for a growing business.
- Direct experience managing business and finance operations.
- Experience driving accountability and structure throughout an organization.
- Strong financial and quantitative analysis skills.
- Excellent communication skills up and down management levels.
- Highly organized and able to juggle competing priorities.
- Tech-savvy and willing to learn new tools and systems.
- Experience with nonprofits, the public health sector, and/or global organizations is a plus but not necessary.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about our mission and vision, has a track record of success, and can hit the ground running. If you are a self-starter with strong leadership and management skills, we encourage you to apply.
- Amazing start-up culture that's purpose-driven and highly collaborative
- Fully remote company, giving you the opportunity to live anywhere within the United States
- Fast-paced, high performing team focused on learning and getting better every day
- Benefits including health, retirement and generous PTO (14 holidays with 4 day weekends, 3 weeks vacation, 1 week summer break and 1 week winter break)
- Flexible work hours
- 6 weeks of parental leave
- Pet inclusive sick leave
- 401k employer matching
Something looks off?