Partnerships Marketing Intern
Kiva is a global nonprofit, founded in 2005, with a mission to expand financial access and help underserved communities thrive. Kiva unlocks capital for borrowers through crowdfunded loans supported by individuals around the world. Lenders on Kiva can start with as little as $25 to support causes that matter most to them, whether that’s gender equity and support for women, refugees, climate change, small businesses, agriculture, and more. Since our founding, over two million people have invested $1.9 billion in real dreams and real opportunities, spanning more than 90 countries and 4.7 million borrowers.
Kiva’s partnerships team is responsible for meeting targets for Kiva’s revenue - both loan volume and grants through deep relationship building. Kiva’s marketing team works with its corporate partners to build strong brand campaigns that align the organization with Kiva’s impact focus areas through storytelling, data, messaging across integrated marketing channels.
As the Partnerships Marketing Intern, you will support Kiva’s corporate partners, Kiva’s account managers, and Kiva’s marketing teams. This role will provide marketing support to Kiva’s account managers by creating partner resources and materials that help make partner campaigns more successful, such as campaign toolkits, webinars, and newsletters. Additionally, this role will also provide marketing support to Kiva’s corporate partners that launch brand awareness campaigns through borrower stories, asset creation, and ensuring the teams are aligned around marketing plans.
You will report directly to the Marketing & Partnerships Manager
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work with Account Managers to assist in the development of managed lending B2B and B2C marketing materials for and with our corporate partners
- Evolve the managed lending marketing playbook as we look to drive increased levels of employee and/or customer engagement in our managed lending campaigns
- Identify opportunities to optimize existing engagement campaigns (both employee and customer)
- Communicate new product announcements and Kiva updates to current partners
- Evolve partner materials such as toolkits, webinars, and campaign resources
- Draft borrower stories, newsletters, and case studies for existing partners
- Support on marketing requests from key strategic partners
- Work with Kiva’s comms team to identify opportunities for deeper channel engagement across Kiva’s corporate partnerships
- Communicate Kiva’s partner campaign plans across marketing, communications, and content teams
- Assist in generating performance reports of partner marketing efforts
- 21 years of age by the start of training week
- Able to commit to the full 6-month term
- +1 year general marketing experience
- Familiarity with Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Google Suite, Google Ads, LinkedIn Advertising, and Salesforce preferred
- Experience writing short and long form promotional copies
- Nonprofit/Social Impact marketing experience
- Detail oriented and ability to project manage
- Knowledge or experience with business to business marketing
- Comfortable speaking to customers over email/phone
What we offer:
- Professional development and skills workshops
- Access to Kiva’s network of Kiva Fellowship and Internship Alumni
- Optional participation in Kiva’s Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and social activities such as happy hours and coffee chats
- References are gladly given for successful participants
Kiva's Internship is a part-time volunteer position, however, to help offset some expenses, Kiva will provide a modest stipend of $800 a month (before taxes) to its volunteers. Please note that the stipend is considered taxable income and we expect interns to do their own research as to how this may affect their personal/tax implications.
The weekly time commitment for a Kiva Internship is 24-32 hours per week, from August 8, 2023 - January 31, 2024. Please make sure you have the availability to commit for the entire internship period before submitting an application.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
We will only accept applications directly from candidates. Kiva will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees, absent a formal agreement.
Something looks off?