Secondment Placement: Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
As a nonprofit, Kiva sometimes relies on volunteer services to achieve its goals. In cases where departments see an opportunity to bring in resources to scale impact, Kiva may request secondment placements. Secondments are 6-12 month opportunities for people to provide their skills to Kiva pro-bono.
Kiva (kiva.org) is an international nonprofit with a mission to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive. We run a global marketplace platform to crowdfund microloans for financially excluded entrepreneurs, farmers and students around the world. Through Kiva Capital, we serve as a bridge between large scale impact first investors and underserved populations. Our digital identity platform enables borrowers who don’t have a track record with traditional financial institutions to record and verify their financial history and gain access to less costly mainstream financial markets.
Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to create impact and opportunity at global scale. Since 2005, we have raised more than $1.66 billion in loan capital for 4.1 million borrowers in 77 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva's team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide. Our team is growing as we pursue exciting new opportunities to create a financially inclusive world.
Impact first - This is why we exist. This is the drumbeat we march to. Every day.
Extreme ownership - Own it; you, your relationships, your impact. Insist that others support you and hold you accountable.
Be curious and bold - Never stop learning. Question assumptions. Take Risks and dream big.
Inclusion. Equity. Diversity. - Without reservation and without caveat. In our hiring, in our workplace and in our impact in the world.
Honor and integrity - Do the most right thing in the most right way. Cherish diversity and respect each other.
Love and kindness always - Say what you mean. Mean what you say. And don't say it mean. Clarity. Courage. Kindness.
Secondment Role overview:
Within the FP&A function at Kiva, we are focused on maximizing the impact our organization has by making sure we are effectively utilizing our resources. We look to accurately forecast the expected performance of Kiva by digging into the drivers that impact the business. We frame business alternatives and drive strategic discussions based on thoughtful analysis.
For this secondment, we are looking for someone who can build and refine models for initiatives as well as longer-run planning. This would include:
- Analysis around the lifetime value of Kiva lenders of various types and leveraging these learnings to better understand our target audiences. Utilizing this to create unit economic analysis to help Kiva scale.
- Modeling out historical user data to determine impact, identify trends, and utilize these to refine our long-term model.
- Looking into and understanding our lenders' balances and finding ways to unlock additional value from these.
- Model the value of various initiatives in terms of growth in impact and financial self-sufficiency.
- A strong background in modeling, including financial forecasting, initiative modeling, and scenario modeling.
- Experience working with large volumes of data and is able to analyze and frame key drivers.
- Able to summarize and present conclusions, learnings, and outputs of the analysis.
- Understands financial concepts and drivers.
- Looker/Tableau experience is a plus.
Length of placement: 6 months
Placement can be either Full-time or Part-time
What we offer:
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
We will only accept applications directly from candidates. Kiva will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees, absent a formal agreement.
Something looks off?