Regional Sales Account Executive, Southeast
ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with the mission to deliver a free, world-class education to anyone, anywhere. Our proven learning platform offers free, high-quality supplemental learning content and practice that cover Pre-K - 12th grade and early college core academic subjects, focusing on math and science. We have over 155 million registered learners globally and are committed to improving learning outcomes for students worldwide, focusing on learners in historically under-resourced communities.
Our students, teachers, and parents come from all walks of life, and so do we. Our team includes people from academia, traditional/non-traditional education, big tech companies, and tiny startups. We hire great people from diverse backgrounds and experiences because it makes our company stronger. We value diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging as necessary to achieve our mission and impact the communities we serve. We know that transforming education starts in-house with learning about ourselves and our colleagues. We strive to be world-class in investing in our people and commit to developing you as a professional.
Khan Academy is looking for a passionate Sales Account Executive to join our District Partnership team to help change education. Our team is focused on driving impact for as many students as possible by expanding our Khan Academy Districts partnerships to support schools and school districts across the country. We work closely with our partners to provide solutions that will drive engagement of Khan Academy’s products and services with administrators, teachers, and students in order to significantly improve student outcomes and success.
As a Regional Sales Executive, you’ll be working to help expand our Khan Academy Districts partnerships with states, schools and school districts in the Southeast, primarily focusing on Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, & Mississippi. Through outbound lead generation, you’ll set meetings with target customers in order to demonstrate the value of Khan Academy’s products and services including Khanmigo, our industry leading Artificial Intelligence based student tutor and teaching assistant. You’ll be a Khan Academy product expert, familiarizing yourself with the Khan Academy content and tools available to partners, as well as the different partnership models we can provide to schools and districts. You’ll work closely with our internal teams focused on Customer Success, Marketing, Legal, and Product to ensure that our sales process runs smoothly in order to hit our yearly sales goals and optimize renewal rates. This position reports to the Senior Sales Manager, Southeast. Please note that the Regional Sales Account Executive, Southeast will be required to travel up to 25% of the time in the Southeast Region.
- Secure strong leads for new partnerships and nurture these through the full sales cycle including Superintendents, district Curriculum and Instructional leaders, and School Administrators in order to secure strong district partnerships.
- Engage in robust lead generation for strong partnerships that meet our partnership criteria
- Nurture both outbound and qualified inbound leads to determine the best fit between each district’s needs and Khan Academy’s product offerings
- Engage other Khan Academy team members as needed to successfully move leads through the sales cycle
- Develop effective proposals that meet the needs of both the district and Khan Academy
- Close sales
- Coordinate with the Southeast Senior Sales Manager on outbound generation process for states in your territory, from outreach to target states, schools and districts, through negotiation and contracting.
- Become the main sales point of contact for existing Khan Academy District partners in your territory, handling renewal and expansion discussions.
- Meet monthly and yearly sales targets, while tracking and reporting on status of all current leads, both in Salesforce and in weekly Marketing and Sales team meetings.
- Identify and attend relevant national and regional EdTech conferences in order to network with current and target partners.
- Assist the Inside Sales Associate on processing inbound leads to the Khan Academy Districts website from school and districts in your territory
- Work closely with our Senior Segment Marketing for School Districts to provide feedback on our sales collateral, lead collection flow, and sales pitch materials.
- Work with our leaders of District Success and Professional Learning to ensure all new partners are successfully transitioned to partnership managers for implementation, training and support.
- Coordinate with the internal Khan Academy Kids team and external partners to offer additional services to relevant target districts.
- Coordinate with the RFP Sales Manager on creating and submitting responses to state’s and districts’ RFPs/RFQs for services across Texas and surrounding states.
- Work with the Khan Academy legal team to help process contracts and Data Sharing and Privacy agreements from states, schools, and school districts in your sales region.
- Be a voice of the customer to Khan Academy product teams by relaying partner feedback on our partnerships in order to help prioritize the product roadmap.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Motivated by the Khan Academy mission “to provide a free world-class education for anyone, anywhere."
- 3+ years in sales or partnerships roles, with at least 2 years selling or partnering into US schools or school districts
- Proactive, self-motivated sales professional with a strong networking skill set and ability to build strong personal and professional connections with target partners
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills
- Rolodex of district contacts and decision makers in the Southeast
- Ability to understand the different needs of all stakeholders in the school district ecosystem, from classroom teacher through Superintendents and other district leads, and adjust your pitch as needed
- Experience with outbound lead generation, as well as a keen understanding of what it takes to maintain an active sales pipeline
- Experience using a CRM to track all stages of a sales pipeline, especially with Salesforce
- Understanding of districts’ procurement processes, including experience submitting bids for RFPs/RFQs is a nice to have
- Deep understanding of the K-12 Education market and EdTech providers
- Ability to work independently and think creatively in order to provide realistic solutions for partners
- A passion for education and driving meaningful change, and understanding how that translates into a successful partnership
- Strong understanding of the K-12 curricular landscape across states in your territory, particularly in Math, Science, and College and Career Readiness programs
- Proven cross-cultural competency skills demonstrating self-awareness, awareness of other, and the ability to adopt inclusive perspectives, attitudes, and behaviors to drive inclusion and belonging throughout the organization
PERKS AND BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team extremely well! We offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Ample paid time off as needed – Your well-being is a priority.
- Remote-first culture - that caters to your time zone, with open flexibility as needed, at times
- Generous parental leave
- An exceptional team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to do your best
- The chance to put your talents towards a deeply meaningful mission and the opportunity to work on high-impact products that are already defining the future of education
- Opportunities to connect through affinity, ally, and social groups
- And we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance, including medical, dental, vision, and life
At Khan Academy we are committed to fair and equitable compensation practices, the well-being of our employees, and our Khan community. This belief is why we have built out a robust Total Rewards package that includes competitive base salaries, and extensive benefits and perks to support physical, mental, and financial well-being.The target salary range for this position is $120,800 - $151,000 USD. The pay range for this position is a general guideline only. The salary offered will depend on internal pay equity and the candidate’s relevant skills, experience, qualifications, and job market data. Exceptional performers in this role who make an outsized contribution can make well in excess of this range. Additional incentives are provided as part of the complete total rewards package in addition to comprehensive medical and other benefits.
MORE ABOUT US
- Sal’s TED talk from 2011
- Sal’s TED talk from 2015
- Sal's TED talk from 2023
- Our team: http://www.khanacademy.org/about/the-team
OUR COMPANY VALUES
Live & breathe learners
We deeply understand and empathize with our users. We leverage user insights, research, and experience to build content, products, services, and experiences that our users trust and love. Our success is defined by the success of our learners and educators.
Take a stand
As a company, we have conviction in our aspirational point of view of how education will evolve. The work we do is in service to moving towards that point of view. However, we also listen, learn and flex in the face of new data, and commit to evolving this point of view as the industry and our users evolve.
Embrace diverse perspectives
We are a diverse community. We seek out and embrace a diversity of voices, perspectives and life experiences leading to stronger, more inclusive teams and better outcomes. As individuals, we are committed to bringing up tough topics and leaning into different points of view with curiosity. We actively listen, learn and collaborate to gain a shared understanding. When a decision is made, we commit to moving forward as a united team.
Work responsibly and sustainably
We understand that achieving our audacious mission is a marathon, so we set realistic timelines and we focus on delivery that also links to the bigger picture. As a non-profit, we are supported by the generosity of donors as well as strategic partners, and understand our responsibility to our finite resources. We spend every dollar as though it were our own. We are responsible for the impact we have on the world and to each other. We ensure our team and company stay healthy and financially sustainable.
Bring out the joy
We are committed to making learning a joyful process. This informs what we build for our users and the culture we co-create with our teammates, partners and donors.
Cultivate learning mindset
We believe in the power of growth for learners and for ourselves. We constantly learn and teach to improve our offerings, ourselves, and our organization. We learn from our mistakes and aren’t afraid to fail. We don't let past failures or successes stop us from taking future bold action and achieving our goals.
We insist on high standards and deliver delightful, effective end-to-end experiences that our users can rely on. We choose to focus on fewer things — each of which aligns to our ambitious vision — so we can deliver high-quality experiences that accelerate positive measurable learning with our strategic partners.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply.