Chief of Staff
ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY
Khan Academy is a fast-paced, nonprofit on a mission to provide free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly. We’re building a library of world-class instructional and practice resources that empowers learners. Whether they’re studying matrices, mitosis, or multivariable calculus, we want to offer students the resources to realize that they can learn anything.
ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY INDIA
Khan Academy India aims to deliver a world-class user experience to learners in India that is locally relevant and is enabled by a strong on-the-ground team and operations. Our learning system is mastery-based, which allows students to master key concepts at a pace that’s right for them before moving on to more challenging content. From serving under 500,000 learners in 2016, we are now serving almost 4 million learners a month across our websites, apps and youtube channels. These learners include both independent learners accessing us at home and teacher directed learners in schools. Our focus is to reach the underserved by making our content accessible in local languages and by working with large public school systems. Khan Academy is already available in Assamese, Hindi, Hinglish, Kannada, Gujarati, Tamil, Marathi, and Punjabi.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Khan Academy India is seeking a dynamic and highly organized individual to fill the role of Chief of Staff in our team. The Chief of Staff will play a critical role in supporting the Country Director, overseeing project management, leading special projects, helping manage the boards and senior advisors for KAI and their annual cadence, facilitating strategic discussions for the India Leadership Team, help manage the annual strategic planning process, manage travel and calendar management. The ideal candidate will be an efficient multitasker, a proactive problem solver, and an adept communicator.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Project Management: Coordinate and support various projects within the organization, ensuring they are executed efficiently and on time.
- Lead Incubation of New Business: Lead directly incubation of new initiatives / work-streams deemed to be high potential areas of work for KAI eg new segment entry, or a new business/working model
- Strategic Initiatives: Participate in strategic planning discussions and gather input to help shape the team's notes and documentation. Help the Country Director run the annual strategic planning for the org; lead specific projects of strategic value to the Org
- Support to Country Director: Act as a reliable point of contact and support for the Country Director, assisting with communication, information dissemination, and coordination among team members. Provide research and briefing materials as needed for meetings and engagements.
- Operations Support: Contribute to the overall operational efficiency of the Country Director's office and People Ops team by assisting in the implementation of streamlined processes and procedures.
- Travel and Calendar Management: Take charge of scheduling and arranging travel logistics for the Country Director, optimizing itineraries and accommodations. Maintain the director's calendar, ensuring timely and seamless coordination of appointments, meetings, and commitments.
You would be a great fit for the role if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (Business, Management, etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities, with an emphasis on collaborative teamwork.
- Previous experience in an executive support role or Chief of Staff position is a plus.
- Familiarity with operational processes and the ability to identify and implement process improvements.
- High level of professionalism, discretion, and integrity when handling sensitive information.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a proactive approach to addressing challenges.
- Proficiency in relevant software tools such as Microsoft Office Suite, project management platforms, and communication tools.
Comfortable relocating to Delhi/Gurgaon and working out of the office 2 days a week. Proficiency in calendar management and travel coordination.
- Sal’s TED talk from 2011
- Sal’s TED talk from 2015
- A glimpse of our team: http://www.khanacademy.org/about/the-team
- A glimpse of our content created: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED8P8vchQJM
- Our Hinglish content in action: http://bit.ly/khanacademyyoutube
HOW TO APPLY
- Attach your resume or Linkedin URL in the space provided below.
- Please address the below-mentioned task and attach your response in the space provided below.
In less than 1000 words, please share one challenge you have faced while managing conflicting priorities with your solution on how you handled that situation.